Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

After the Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After the Recall

I just got back after picking up my Twin Peaks from the dealer who did the steering knuckle, a-arm replacement. I was curious if anybody else noticed the steering becoming much lighter. My main complaint with the Kawasukis was the heavy steering. I wonder if it is from the new a-arms and different way the ball joint is in there now. The steering is much lighter. It's not quite as easy as the Grizzly but a vast improvement. I might have to take this one back from the wife.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default After the Recall

My wife and I rode through the same trails and switched machines and rode back and forth through the woods. The steering is as light as the Grizzly. It is not as plush as the Grizz but this is a huge improvement. My wife noticed it even, that means it is a big difference! I use her as the benchmark because she doesn't notice subtle differences (unless it it new curtains or highlights in someone's hair).
This has become one of the favorites all over again. I wish this recall would have come sooner.
One word of caution though. The a-arms are new so existing a-arm guards like Ricochet will have to be modified. My dealer actually drilled new holes for the mounting. This wasn't even the dealer I bought it from. It was where I just bought the Grizzly though. They just earned some more points in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default After the Recall

Guess I'll be drilling holes. Just got in a complete Richochet system for my quad and doubt if it was modified for the new A-Arms.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default After the Recall

I had just read that the day after I dropped it off at the dealership. In fact there used to be 4 mounts for each a-arm now there is 3. It still feels very sturdy though. I was hoping someone else would chime in about there steering also.