Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need some clutch advice badly!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some clutch advice badly!!

My clutch on the 360 started acting up today--it will not disengage every time and seems to be getting worse--when putting around it will pull and stall when i stop, and will also stay engaged sometimes when i try starting it. As un update, i have the black spring installed in the secondary, and my KEBC is totally eliminated. I also know that the idle is not too high---I have about 2700 miles on this machine and this is the first time the clutch has acted up. I dont understand this belt drive and clutch system to well so I am looking for some advice where to start. I have sprayed the clutch and belt area in the past a few times with compressed air to clean the dust out, and I am hoping maybe that will work this time.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO I CAN GET ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR

thanx
OleManMoses

Old 11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like to me that the belt is loose. you might try removing a shim and see what it does.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 360 is being a little quirky also. It goes in and out. Somtimes it wants to stay engaged at idle and move and its hard to shift the gears. I turn it off and mess with it a bit and its back to normal. Is this what yours is doing.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

exactly always ride---although this just started today---I would think the belt would squeel if it were loose??? but i dont know because i didnt pull the cover off yet---i still have the original belt and i was out beating it up a little tonight and i cant ever remember the quad running better---I thought maybe this clutch not disengaging was a common prob??? Looks like I will be rippin into it this weekend---just not real sure what to look for

Old 11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know what the specs are for your belt, but you cant always hear it squeal. even if its a couple of mm's out of deflection it can start trying to pull itself... just an Idea... good luck.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

You might look at you shifter linkage. Just a thought

Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what i thought, How do i check lincage?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds to me like the belt is too tight or there is a problem with the primary clutch spring. Pull the eight bolts off the outer cover, remove the outer cover, pull the primary clutch spring and check it's length. The 360 boys are gonna have to give you the free length of the primary spring. If it's the same as the 650, it should be about 62 mm (2.44 inches). If it's shorter, it will engage your clutch sooner than it should.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me on my 700. My problem turned out to be a blown fuse not letting the engine braking actuator disengage. My advice is first thing check all the fuses. Always try the simplest thing first chances are that's it.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer

ole man,,i fought the same problem for 2 years...it only got worse untill i finally put a new clutch on it. mine is on 03 360 and doing this and that will not do any good. go to mfgsupply.com and buy a new comet clutch that comes with a pink spring and cams for $275.00 plus shipping. a new oem clutch will cost 500.-550. from a dealer. this is the only thing that will solve your problem with what you described as it sounds exactly what mind did!!

Quick Reply: need some clutch advice badly!!