Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF750 Needs more power: suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF750 Needs more power: suggestions

Ok everyone, I just got back from doing some riding. Put about 125 miles on in two days. I decided this machine just needs more power at the wheels. I am entertaining pipe, K&N, new jetting so far. I would love suggestions on pipes.

Does anyone think a clutch kit will make much difference? I have heard it will let it wind up more before dropping the power to the wheels.

I would love to add a module but there are to many mixed reviews on which one works.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Range Rover

Dyna makes a huge gain I have one on mine and it will power wheelie for as long as you have ***** to do it

Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of the mods on my signature will help. I personally found the largest gain from the dyna cdi. Many people have had trouble with their dyna's but I have had mine for a year and a half and have had no trouble. I love the sound of a pipe but with only a pipe, jet kit, and k&n you will still not see the power gain that you will see from the dyna. Also I have had very good performance from my epi red primary spring it has made my wheeler alot quicker in 100 yards.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

K&N is your most bang for the buck, then the CDI, and If you do a pipe kit in addition to these items then you will need the jet kit to keep it from dropping power back off doing all these modds tends to require the jet kit to make use of the other mods.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone for weighing in. I had heard so many mixed reviews on the Dyna that I had stopped considering it. Does it drop you gas mileage a lot?

Is there a better cdi than the dyna...copperhead?

Old 11-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The copperhead has alot more adjustablity. Preformance wise on a stock machine you won't see much

Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

VDI CDI is the way to go. Go HERE and click on the videos at the bottom of the page. The copperhead is on basically stock machines. Unreal power gain! The CDI for the BF should be out around the same time as it is for the 650/700 so I would ask Santa if he could get you one for Christmas!! I have been waiting for this to come out for a while and will wait a bit longer till all the beta testing is done and production starts. According to the beta testers, this thing is well worth the wait!!

Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the biggest power gain that I have gotten out of the V-Twin. Advance the timing. i did it to my V-Force and it is awesome. I didn't buy that damn degree key, I custom did it myself and I probably advanced it between 8 and 10 but not totally sure. Kawi retards the timein soo much on the engines because they were snapping drive shafts so they retarded the timing to fix that problem. So there is a ton of power there to unleash and its a ton of power! I'd buy a HMF exhaust or Muzzy exhaust for your BF. You'll have to rejett it and i wouldn't buy the jet kits. Just go to a motorcycle dealership and buy the individual main jets. Waste of money for a jet kit. You might have to get some shims to stick on the taper needles though. I rejetted my V-Force and reshimmed it for about 10 bucks. K&N will help a lot with power and keep that beasts insides clean. There is a lot of little things you can do to get more power out of the 750. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Ok so here is the deal. The order is in......I know the anticipation is killing me too.

The list is: K&N, HMF Eco Pipe, DYNA FS, Jets, EPI Pro Clutch, and I through in a set of Ricochet Full Skids just to smooth out the bottom so as not to get any wind problems on the bottom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I tried to FedEx overnight the stuff but the pipe is delayed waiting for HMF...so I'll have an update in probably 10 days or so.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

Oh and did I mention if this doesn't do it, I think I may have to get an All Terrain Top Fuel Funny Quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BF750 Needs more power: suggestions