Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 450

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: motox26
Even tho there is a rumor of it being a 500cc, it really doesn't make since. They will make it a 450 even if it is geared more towards XC, just so they can compete in MX as well.

Im also predicting it will be available in green. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kaw's not in to mx now,and don't think their planning on it .they have always been in to xc racing ,think they will let suz, honda ,and yamaha fight it out on the mx racing thing .well don't be surprised late next year when kaw has a efi 500.i am predicting a efi 500 xc racing quad to run with the predator and raptor market

Old 12-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: blackbird
Originally posted by: motox26
Even tho there is a rumor of it being a 500cc, it really doesn't make since. They will make it a 450 even if it is geared more towards XC, just so they can compete in MX as well.

Im also predicting it will be available in green. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kaw's not in to mx now,and don't think their planning on it .they have always been in to xc racing ,think they will let suz, honda ,and yamaha fight it out on the mx racing thing .well don't be surprised late next year when kaw has a efi 500.i am predicting a efi 500 xc racing quad to run with the predator and raptor market
What does bubba stewart ride? Kawasaki hasnt had a sport atv since the tecate 4 so I dont think you can back up any claim like that. Would it be a good business move, yes, but even the xc based sport machines have the ability to be competitive on the mx track. That's something that simply isnt applicable to the utility contingencies they've offered.

Polaris is the only company stupid enough to go with that engine size, kaw wont make the same mistake at 500cc.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:49 AM
US Army lifer
Default KFX 450

What does bubba stewart ride? Kawasaki hasnt had a sport atv since the tecate 4 so I dont think you can back up any claim like that. Would it be a good business move, yes, but even the xc based sport machines have the ability to be competitive on the mx track. That's something that simply isnt applicable to the utility contingencies they've offered.

Polaris is the only company stupid enough to go with that engine size, kaw wont make the same mistake at 500cc.

Exactly. Kawasaki hasn't had an MX quad since 88, so they are bound to be chomping at the bit to get back into it and show that they can still kick ***. Just because the have catered to the XC crowd doesn't mean that they aren't into MX anymore. MX is a huge market, and they aren't going to overlook it.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KFX 450

They will make a machine that can compete in every type of series. And since MX is probably the most popular form of quad racing, you can bet they won't make a quad that can't even enter.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

well its going to have reverse on it so i don't think their gunning for mx.they will gear it more to xc racing and sport trail riders.they know they will make more $$$ if geared that way ,not everyone wants a mx quad for trail riding.well guess we will see who's right in a few months

Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 450

In a few months???

I surelly hope so, but it's probably going to be more like 18 months... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

or more...

Remember how long the development stage of the LTR took?

Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 450

Any news?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

i hope they make it, but last year didnt they pull the plug on just about all the atv racers? i think the only thing they left was bubba and the gang at motocross. the new ceo didnt want to support atv racing programs anymore.

i hope they come out with something, though. seems like they will have to since their partnership with suzuki is ending and the KFX400 will disappear pretty soon. I would love to see a tecate 450. heck id love to see them wait until suzuki comes out- that way they have all the advantage; they can look at everybody's 450 and make make one a notch higher and get rid of their perceived reputation of lagging behind (even though they can make some kick@ss stuff when they want to).

Old 01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

The 400 isn't going anywhere even with the partnership's end. There will be an 07 model that will still be sourced from Suzukie. After that who knows.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

After that who knows.
this was my point. when the fat lady sings, what will they do???

i hope they make something that rocks.