Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kfx 700 whips raptor 700r

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 700 whips raptor 700r

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: ajd187
Originally posted by: torkmonsta
in the future i promise to spellcheck lmao...was in a hurry. but anyway i thought the efi was supposed to be able to adjust to something as small as a filter upgrade and a his core removed.
It can. You won fair and square.

No, it can't, Ask some 700R owners what happens when the pull the top of their airbox and pull the baffle out. The engine goes way lean. There is no O2 sensor it can compensate for altitude and ambient air temp changes only.
That sounds reasonable to me. I was only going by what I read in DirtWheels and Quad magazine which said that it can. Imagine that, a magazine being wrong.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: torkmonsta
in the future i promise to spellcheck lmao...was in a hurry. but anyway i thought the efi was supposed to be able to adjust to something as small as a filter upgrade and a his core removed.
It can. You won fair and square.

No, it can't, Ask some 700R owners what happens when the pull the top of their airbox and pull the baffle out. The engine goes way lean. There is no O2 sensor it can compensate for altitude and ambient air temp changes only.
That sounds reasonable to me. I was only going by what I read in DirtWheels and Quad magazine which said that it can. Imagine that, a magazine being wrong.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yes, much to my expense they were wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but the bonus was even bone stock with the lid off the air box it ran soooo much better after the addition of the PCIII[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Trailblazer

Its all about how you launch your quad to win drag races ya know what i mean brother yes my top end is something nice im telling you it is also how you break your quad in go to www.mototuneusa.com and look for break in secerets it works belive me well you guys stay safe and when i get out of here i will have to you up so we can ride

Old 01-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Trailblazer

Im havin some trouble believing this story, yes maybe you did win but whoever said it does have a good point, with out the power commander he is running slower than stock. I dont really think you need to be goin around saying the kfx whips the raptor, it doesnt really make since you saying you whip a raptor when you raced one slower than stock and only by 1 bike length.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

as it turns out he only had the air filter ...he said he removed the core earlier but put it back in cuz it was too loud...so the only mod he had was a filter and yes i always had the holeshot but he would pull up to 1 length after a 1/4 of a mile but after that i would pull away from him....at 1/8 of a mile he was losing by 2 lengths. i drag 1/8 's but he had no chance at that distance thats why we went quarter bacuz he thought he would pull it out on the other end....and he would have had i had a stock spring. as it turns out i would pull away farther at about 1/2 of a mile. i know you yammy guys dont want to admit it but with a $18 spring and a $45 filter a kfx can beat you. and as before i was also running lean becuz i didnt jet my carbs after i installed the filter.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Get a fundy motor and the Raptor guys will be bragging they beat you (the few that can). Just got my 700kit finished and I blew a trick Raptor right off the sand....LOL

Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

My brother in law has a kfx 700 with a hmf dual exhaust system, a k&n, a pink spring and the carbs are jetted correctly. I have a 700r with a slip on hmf, trinity efi controller, no air box lid with stock filter. On the pavment it is not even close. I launch mine in third gear on a slight wheely and he is not even close. On dirt he can sty within about 3 lengths by the time we are topped out because he can get me out of the holw due to wheelspin ( I have a set of razrs on the way to remedy that). I love his kfx, i dont think there is a better sounding quad out there, I wish I could record the exhaust and play it on the radio while I sleep at night. There is no doubt that the kfx is a fast machine but I have missed gears and still beat him on pavment. There has not been on single time where the kfx came out on top. And on a mx track I am about 8 seconds a lap faster.