Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kfx 700 whips raptor 700r

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 700 whips raptor 700r

i took my kfx what we call a drag party....i had no intentions of racing a 700r cuz by what i read in forums i was definitly supposed to lose...well i took my kfx with nothing but a k&n filter and a epi pink spring and it was running a little lean cuz i havent jetted it since i put on the filter and i beat a 700r with a k&n and his exhaust core had been removed. i beat him 4 outta five races...only reason he got one cuz we did a rolling start one time and i gave him the hit. but from dead start i beat him by 1 length everytime and we were running like 3/4 of a mile.he rufused to race me in a 1/4 of a mile. the point im trying to make is kfx owners dont be scared to race them anymore... they were just telling lies to keep us from kicking their butts.. they were bluffing us. ......and before one of you haters get on and complain about the wight of the riders the guy on the raptor weighed 5 to 10 lbs more.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Don't go getting all excited, if he didn't have an EFI controller his Quad was slower than stock with the baffle out and a K&N filter. Either that or the guy couldn't ride a rocking horse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Don't go getting all excited, if he didn't have an EFI controller his Quad was slower than stock with the baffle out and a K&N filter. Either that or the guy couldn't ride a rocking horse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Easy now, fella? I can't ride a rockin' horse, but I have seen the front of your quad, more than the back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

in the future i promise to spellcheck lmao...was in a hurry. but anyway i thought the efi was supposed to be able to adjust to something as small as a filter upgrade and a his core removed.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: torkmonsta
in the future i promise to spellcheck lmao...was in a hurry. but anyway i thought the efi was supposed to be able to adjust to something as small as a filter upgrade and a his core removed.
It can. You won fair and square.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TractorPacker
Easy now, fella? I can't ride a rockin' horse, but I have seen the front of your quad, more than the back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

TP I think you got it backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I seem to remember smokin you up comp hill at florence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] When I was stock at beverly I out ran you more than you out ran me. Maybe you got dislexia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

*** GET YOU SOME!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ajd187
Originally posted by: torkmonsta
It can. You won fair and square.

No, it can't, Ask some 700R owners what happens when the pull the top of their airbox and pull the baffle out. The engine goes way lean. There is no O2 sensor it can compensate for altitude and ambient air temp changes only.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:09 AM
Trailblazer

i smoke stock craptors with my stock v in the 1/4 and 3/4 and on trails so dont be scared guys i am not i take on anyone any time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

A 1/4 mile race is just a top speed race. There really is no point in racing quad any further if you are going in a straight line. Really, the 1/8 mile is good drag race distance for most quads. 1/8 mile equals 660'.

A stock 660 raptor will beat a stock yfz in a quarter mile due to the slightly higher top speed. The 1/8 mile will most likely go to the yfz.

Bang,

If your V can beat a 700/660 raptor in the quarter, you must have a nice top speed. Did he jump you off the line and you caught him and passed?

Old 12-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TractorPacker

TP I think you got it backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I seem to remember smokin you up comp hill at florence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] When I was stock at beverly I out ran you more than you out ran me. Maybe you got dislexia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://groups.msn.com/PugetSoundAreaRiders/mynewraptor700r.msnw?
action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=786">*** GET YOU SOME!!!</a>

Hey guys, don't take me to seriously[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was just messing around with TP He's one of the fastest track racers I seen on a quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] and he's rides woolies for a mile that would scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've seen what a modded V-force can do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There's a guy up in Canada getting upwards of 90 horse out of them.
If they lighten one up enough it would give most any 300' sand dragger fits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's all in good fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: kfx 700 whips raptor 700r