Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

brute force front differential problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brute force front differential problems

hey yall just wondering if anybody has had any problems with their bf 750I front differential? i have a new 06 750 and im already having problems like my front diff case cracking. yeah i couldnt believe it either and after all it only has about 20 hours on it. well just wondering if anyone else has had problems with theirs and any other info would be helpfull.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:04 AM
DOA
Range Rover

Lot of problems, lots of oil leaks, lots or repairs, do a search, keep extra driveshaft seals.

Poor design, nothing you can do, water gets in causing internal damage, axles are sloppy from new.

If you can afford too, sell it now before she really breaks your wallet, I think it's part of their plan.

Sincerely, DOA

Old 01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Regarding the front diffs and problems associated with them, there are 5 or 6 cases
on various forums of people having trouble with them...including "exploding" them. You
can check the Highlifter forums and find a handful of threads on them.

Do you have any idea of how you cracked the case? Is the diff actually still working?

Old 01-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

The diff gear case gets cracked when the spider gear seizes on to the stationary shaft. I am not sure about the design issue, but I know for sure that it is important to have correct type and amount of oil in the gear case. The initial symptom would be a stiff steering due to no-differentiating. If you keep riding like that, the shaft/gear would break and the metal debris would get between the moving parts and it would the bust the gear case.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:42 PM
rv
Pro Rider

i just buoght a 650 this spring and the front dif went on the first ride the dealer fixed it right away and i havnt had any more provblems. my dealer said to use 0/30 synthetic oil in it and that would help iv put 400 ks on it since and no provblems aperntly thers been a few machines with front dif provblems i think puting it into 4x4 while stuck (spinnig) or going fast will give you provblems also, and regular maintnance will help.hope you get it fixed and it lasts for ya.