Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Check belt light fixed! Belt replaced, Prairie 360

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check belt light fixed! Belt replaced, Prairie 360

Just got done following directions to reset the check belt flashing light. I had decided to replace the belt before resetting it and what a breeze. Sandpit gives great instructions on resetting the light further back in the forums. If you have to do it to your bike copy his note to me it will come in handy. The belt was also very easy I bought it off of Ebay shipping and all was only $40.99. Just use a 27mm socket and screwdrivers and carefully walk the belt off counter clockwise. It's even easier to get back on. To put it back on you go clockwise. To change the belt it took about 10 minutes and I had never done it before so, "don't be afraid to do it yourself."
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with your advise. I love to ride and get a lot of satisfaction out of repairing my own equipment.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isnt it nice knowing you saved money doing such a simple job that the dealer charges and arm and leg for. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

went riding yesterday....lots of ice/snow and general coal silt and muck...

belt light came on for a bit, but reset I guess, after I turned on/off the bike...

also, my cuz, blowing by me this weekend with his bruin 350...used to be side by side and he says he only added hi-performance air filter, but still, makes me think I am getting belt slippage...??

alos, I've been hearing something behind the belt cover when I start it and its cold....needless to say, I will be pulling cover off this week to look at and if I need a belt, I am going to do it msyelf...

saw the hi-pro belts on E-bay...is that what I shold get??

Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Stick with stock belts. THe others have reliablity issues that i hear. Go go nyrocs info sight. Basically allot of the 650 tips can work with the 360 just like the belt stuff. You can check your deflacion because it might be a little loose and causes less take off. Check your belt and stuff and get a black secondary spring. got mine for 25 dollers.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see you have directions on how to reset the the check belt flashing light. Can you let me know how or who can help me?

Old 01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Very simple
1. right under the shifter is a black and grey 5 pin connector(3 total but one does not fit). Take them apart(i use a little flat head screw driver or knife) and switch them so black to grey and grey to black.
2. next to the black and grey 5 pin connectors is a little black 2 pin connector pull this apart.
3. turn your key on for about 10 secs and watch the 4x4 lights flash back and forth then turn key back off.
4. put the 2 pin back together and the 5 pins back to the right spot(black to black, grey to grey)
5. your light should be reset but it may take another try.
good luck and be free to ask any questions