Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking about snorkeling, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about snorkeling, but.....

I have an 05 Brute and I want to do some customizing. There are 2 issues that I want to address. #1, this winter when I went and played in some deep snow, my airbox got slammed full of it, and I want to keep this from happening again. #2, I know that there is many posts dealing with getting water in the intake. The only thing that I have against snorkeling, is that I dont thinks it looks good with the pipes coming out of the front of the quad. Has anyone built a snorkeling systems with some sort of quick connect system that can be attached when you know your going into the deep stuff? I know that there is also some posts about fabricating a guard to keep the water form splashing up and causing the steam issue, but everytime that I come home from riding, underneath my seat and in my air box always has debree in it. I guess that I am just looking for ideas to keep all the crap out. If anyone has some suggestions, I would apprecciate your ideas. Thaks fellas.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about snorkeling, but.....

I used a 3" to 2" rubber connector from lowes, comes with hose clamps. Clamped it onto the stock box, the tube that comes out of the front, and ran 2" PVC pipe out the front, through the part of the rack that bends up, and up.

Works great, almost no restriction, and best of all, loosen the hose clamp. and it comes off.

Same with the tranny. PVC pipe to the stock rubber hose, then up and out.