Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Tech Cams

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006 | 09:19 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

These are 2 stage cams made to give best of 2 profiles. One for bottom end grunt and top end pull. I have them seen them in Honda engines going to have a set made for my Prairie. They are oil pressure operated I am looking forward to racing with them this year.

Old 02-08-2006 | 04:26 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

bump

Old 02-09-2006 | 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

hey alltoys i havent been on the fourms for a couple of years but i remember you and your crazy quads. i think it was you with the supercharged p-650. And you tried to go 100mph. ouch. hey so what crazy things are you up to now

Old 02-09-2006 | 03:13 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

PrairieVenom,
Good hearing from you again. Well lets see,........I tried a speed attempt last year did fairly well. Only I was trying to have it recorded with an official record publisher. Their rules are you have to keep the speed for one mile the average of that mile will dictate the total speed. I modified my engine to their standards by keeping the motor to original internal specs according to bore and such. I had to use race gas and Nos to get the quad over 100 mph so the average would be respectable. My son did the driving this time he loves to do that kind of thing kind of rubs off the block if you know what I mean. We had to make 3 runs within 1/2 hour of each run. Because we had to run 3 stages of Nos the heat was dramatic we could only make 2 1/2 runs before the pistons melted. Just the top of the pistons not bad but it seized the engine while sonny was doing 106 mph. The quad came to a quick halt, he did some amazing riding to keep the thing from going sideways. These machines are inharently to short for fast sustained speeds. Of course I am trying to push the envelope.

Since then I have a new cdi from VDI that is fully programable that is adaptable to my needs it has many functions that will work well for us this year!!!! I also made a cassette trany one that I can change gear ratios in less than 10 minutes this alone will benefit the total top end as well. I have litened the quad down to 350lbs so far with titanium parts gone through a drastic weight loss program, lol. With any luck I will have these cams in by tomorrow night and on the dyno by sunday

Weekend after this I am going to race a Bomb 800 that I have installed 1000 jugs that I remachined to 1130cc. The race is called the 24 hour Numb bum. 2 years ago it was -40 during the night and -30 during the day this year weather should be around -20 hopefully, lol. If the motor survives 24 hours of gruling minus temperatures we will be happy. There is 4 drivers for the machine so fill it with gas and go hopfully no breakdowns. I love Rotax engines you can get a lot of power with little work.
Well that is pretty much it for now just some final tweeking and off to the races. Don't be a stranger drop a line once in awhile, lol.

Old 02-09-2006 | 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

WOW did you get a Vforce or a prairie down to 350 pounds eather bike is freaken insain i cant even imagine what a vforce would be like if it only weighed 350 pounds. you shout take the quad to the sand and embaras ALOT of YFZs. good job even though i have a yamaha now i freakin love that V-twin.

Old 02-09-2006 | 04:11 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

I took a big wack of weight out of the frame, front end, and swing arm. Chrome Molly is almost twice as strong at half the weight. Every joint is TIG welded, frame is sturdy yet flexible soaks up bumps rather well I am very pleased. It is still a Prairie. I am amazed how much power it takes to move the quad past 90 mph though.
A Yamaha 450 YFZ that's a pretty good quad, I beat them on a regular basis, lol. What made you change? If you had kept your V Force a friend of mine is coming out with a turbo kit for the V shortly should be this spring time. The V twin is starting to come out of the toy box in to the sand box, lol. I have always wanted to play with a 450 Yammy although there isn't to much to do to them as they are already done up from factory. I have been thinking of building a purpose built V drag quad but seems a waste to have an expensive machine for one purpose.

Old 02-11-2006 | 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

Alltoys
Who makes stage 2 Cams? & Cost? Are they to much cam for stock bore and High comp pistons?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2006 | 01:37 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

TuffEnuff,
V Tech cams are not made by anyone I had them made for me at a custom auto shop. These can't be made from existing cams they are totaly from scratch and costly I can tell you. Not sure if they will be offered in the US still experimental in the bike motor area. I have them installed in the motor just hooking up the hydrualics to operate the second stage of the cams. The new VDI cdi has a number of wires that can operate switchs at certain rpms to enable the hydraulics. I will have it done in another few hours ready for the dyno tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2006 | 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

well i rolled my p-650 down a huge hill and totaled it. The V-force is my dads and he hardly ever would let me ride it so i bought a yfz450. i mostly sand ride and play in the hills so this was the best quad for me. plus im only 18 i want something light to jump and play with. But my dream quad would be a Vforce engine in the yfz frame 850 big bore kit and a 5 pound bottle of NOS just in case.

Old 02-13-2006 | 04:38 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default V Tech Cams

PrairieVenom,
Ah, a lad after me own heart!! You want to try something snakey. Try a DS 650 frame with a new style 750 triple 2 stroke, 150hp stock with possible 250hp on Nos. I built one last year truly phenominal!!! You have a dream start small get your hands dirty that's how the big boys did it. Maybe one I will be coming to you with some ideas. It all starts with a dream.