Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dynatek Dyna CDI

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006 | 03:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I think the VDI Copperhead is a good product, I just think there is a lot of B.S. hype associated with it and it's performance. IMHO And of course I have already given my opinion on the Fuel Injection system project.

Old 02-18-2006 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

torridone-----why not go over on the vdi thread on nyroc forum-----you can talk to the riders who have had both cdi's, you might learn something.

One more thing, you are concerned about gaskets on the vdi igniters, cdi has had a lot bigger problems than that (like some of them, and not just a few, don't work).

Also, Dyna's kickback problems when they first came out. Ruining starters is a lot bigger issue than installing some silicone washers for a startup problem on a new product.

Old 02-18-2006 | 12:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

The CDI won't ruin a starter the only thing possible for the CDI to do is fry in which case dyna warranties it no questions asked... What gave the dyna a bad rap was a from using the 650 CDI on the 750 when they have different timing maps which cased a miss.

I got my brute in may and have had a dyna on it a week after... modules do not compare.

Old 02-18-2006 | 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I've hear of people having trouble with both the dyna and vdi. All I can say is I've had my dyna for over 2 years with ALOT of hard racing and riding hours on it and have had no problems. Like anything else man made my dyna may go out the very next time I ride. But if it does I couldn't complain I have gotten very good service from it and am satisified. The vdi is probably a very good product but I am happy with what I've got until I KNOW, without a doubt, that it is over $100 better than my dyna that's already payed for.

Old 02-18-2006 | 11:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Thanks for the tip kawiyowee, but I am an active member on Nyroc's forum and have personally talked to Lysle I'm not just pulling this information out of nowhere. I simply stated I am concerned about some of the problems as well as the price of the VDI. This has nothing to do with the igniters. The housing of the VDI was not water proofed properly when first released. Dynatek has been around for a long time and has been proven reliable. Once the VDI has been out for a while and has worked out all of the potential bugs, I may look into obtaining one.

By the way, just because I'm concerned about the VDI you come out and completely bash the Dynatek, why? Who are you?

Old 02-18-2006 | 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I'd rather push a Kawi then drive a Polaris...so there.

Old 02-18-2006 | 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

torridone, I'm someone who has had 3 dyna cdi"s, two of which didn't work. The only one that kept on ticking was the 2-plug on my '02 P650, which I got when dyna first came out with a cdi. That's who I am, just another quad owner who got tired of playing the failure/shipping game with Dyna.

I did not completely bash Dynatek, I stated some history on their product. Yes, they did kick back on starters, and yes, they did have a high failure rate. That's just fact, not bash. I have read on here that some owners have gone thru up to 3 dyna cdi's before they got one to work for over a few months.

You say the igniters coming out of Dynatek now are free of their chronic problems. How do you know that? I believe it is misleading for you to say that unless you have some evidentiary basis for it.

I won't insult your integrity by asking who you are.

Old 02-18-2006 | 09:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Ouch!

Old 02-18-2006 | 11:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

I appoligize if you felt that I was questioning your integrity, that was not my intention. You just seemed dead against the Dyna and I asked why...It's always nice to know who you are talking to as well. There is a lot of B.S. thrown around on the forums.

Old 02-20-2006 | 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dynatek Dyna CDI

Torridone-----No harm done. I appreciate your reasoned and calm reply.

On one of the longest threads known to man over on nyroc's forum, VDI has said that the 91 octane map might work better up high in the hills. I ordered the 87 and 91 octane maps for that reason. Only problem is, I never got to try it, since I had to sell both my Prairies to get the quad I have now.

Sold the vdi igniter already with Lyle's blessing and continued warranty on it to the new owner.

Quick Reply: Dynatek Dyna CDI