Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF Recall

Has anyone noticed any change in steering effort after having the steering stem, tierods etc. changed out?

Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF Recall

i didnt have it done because i already changed out my tie rods, but i've read on some other forums that the new stem cuts down on the turning radius. i havnt seen or heard anything about steering effort.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF Recall

My husband has a bf 750, we had the tie rods done begining of Feb. Took it out this weekend for the first time after getting work done, he commented on the steering being harder. I rode it for about 5 mins, and made his buddy ride it cuz I had a hard time steering it through the trails around the trees. It does steer alot harder now (his buddy agreed). Took it into the shop mon. for some backfiring probs, and to ask about the steering. They said that there are bump stops that came with the tie rod ends, they are part of the kit for recall, to keep from oversteering to keep from breaking other parts. Kaw is the only ones that are putting these on the kit. The dealer tried to tell us that this would not change the steering effort, but all 3 of us could tell it was harder. The back fire problem was from mud and water going into the air breather, there is nothing to protect the breather from the water. Service man said that even if there was 1/2" of water/mud if you were going fast enough it would come off the tires and go straight into the breather. He said to put inner fenders, or a snorkle on, but if snorkle goes on he will lose speed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem without spending super big bucks?

Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default BF Recall

i cant comment on the recall causing hard steering since i replaced the tierods with new ones before the recall. but as for water splashing into the airbox, alot of people are just doing the inner fender thing. i havnt done it yet, but it looks simple. use mudflaps or old car inner fenders, something that will shape the frame and fenders. drill some holes and zip tie it to the frame up near the air intake. that should deflect water & mud. as another option to home made inner fenders if you look at kawi's website you will see an optional inner fender kit, from what i hear they dont do much. BUT, 06 Brute Force has new upper inner fenders that come stock. i've heard they bolt up real easy. you just have to order them, they have a part # for 06's and fit 05's. should be able to find it on kawi's website of part diagrams or your dealer should have a microfiche of the parts. i think i'll try going that route because i kinda like the factory look. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hope that helps. oh as far as money wise, you could get the mudflaps or old inner fenders for a couple of bucks, the inner fender kit from kawi i think is like $30 for the set, snorkleing could get expensive and wreek havoc with the jetting. now i'm done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Range Rover
Default BF Recall

I had the tie rod issue on mine fixed. It dosn't stear any harder to me. The only diff. is it does not turn as sharp.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Range Rover
Default BF Recall

Yup, I second alltoos....not harder, just not as far...
Check tire pressure, alignment, and make sure front diff-lock is adjusted properly....

Old 03-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF Recall

My steering felt a little stiffer when I first go tit back but it loosened up again, and yes they did put some stoppers in there to cut back on the tight turning. I use the "fish tail" method for tight truning.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Ren
Trailblazer
Default BF Recall

I'm still waiting to get mine fixed!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default BF Recall

I've got a full recall set sitting under my bed lol I replaced my stuff b4 hand so figured I woudnt install it just save it for spare parts if needed.