Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 Turbo build up

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750 Turbo build up

Hi,I have built a Turbo system for a brute force 750 turbo.It seems everybody who reads my threads about a differant subjuect wants to know about it so I hope this helps all interested.Pictures will be coming as soon as I get the film developed.I will also (by popular demand) have a step by step on how to build your own.It is very easy!!!!!!I will connect all of the info and pictures to this thread so you can subscribe to it and get all the info you want.This in no way implys this is the only way or right way to do it.So if you build one and smoke your motor I am not responsable.This is for infomation purpose only,and only refers to the way I did mine.

The Brute offers itself to turbo charging freely,due to its low (8.8:1) compression.I would prefer lower but its a good start.The had a muzzy full leanght header on it before I decided to turbo charge it,so I took off the muffler and used just the header.I run a 2in pipe from the end of the header to the back of the bike where the turbo is mounted.I mounted the turbo to the rear subframe kinda of behind the tail light so the intake portion is more toward the center of the bike and the exhaust inlet is in a straight line with the exhaust.I ran a oil (stainless steel braided)feed line to the turbo from the feed line on the left side of the motor using a two line Banjo bolt.the return line I ran straight into the oill fill hole.The rest was pluming the air feed to the intake box.Sence the box is bolted to the frame there is no worry about it being poped off the carbs by boost pressure.I am only running 5-6lb of boost so there is no worry about detonation(I only run premium gas).Jetting was next.I have a diaphram fuel pump(6-9lb fuel pressure) with a dial type fuel pressure regulator.Turn the regulator all the way down,with the bike off but the key on so the pump is running.turn it up 1 click at time until the float seats are over powered and gas starts leaking.Then turn it back down one click.The brute already has a fuel pump but I didnt want to take the chance of not having enough fuel pressure and starving it of gas and putting a hole in a piston.I hope this awnsers your questions.If you have more let me know I will be posting more info once I get the pictures posted.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Kawturbo1 sounds like a nice setup.
One word of caution. With a 8.8 to 1 static compounded by 6PSI of boost your final static will be right at 12.5 to 1. Your right on the ragged edge of detonation with pump gas. Sometimes your going to be over the top and you will detonate with this combo in MHO. If you get into hot dry air your going to be VERY close to going bang.
Have fun, but keep an eye on the plugs.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KawTurbo,
Thanx for the info on your turbo set-up. I look forward to seeing the pics. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you after I see some pics.

Good luck on that project and Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Trailblazer

Well i'm just curious on how it performs compared to stock!

Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

The performance is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am installing the clutch spring on wed. and hopefully that will solve the chatter problem I am now getting out of the clutch.I ordered a RED spring.I hope it is enough ,but if not ill order a heavier one.Once I get it in ill get my gps on it and let you know how fast it is on top.Hole shot is amazing.Motor never bogs anymaore no matter what you go through,revs stay where the thumb puts them.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Kawturbo1
The performance is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am installing the clutch spring on wed. and hopefully that will solve the chatter problem I am now getting out of the clutch.I ordered a RED spring.I hope it is enough ,but if not ill order a heavier one.Once I get it in ill get my gps on it and let you know how fast it is on top.Hole shot is amazing.Motor never bogs anymaore no matter what you go through,revs stay where the thumb puts them.
Ohhh, now I know what Chatter you are talking about. How many miles do you have on your BF750? The reasin I ask is b/c I recently had a "knocking" sound at idle coming from my primary clutch and I figured out that the shoes that the spider rides on were worn down. Like you, my knocking sound was noticeable at idle, but went away as soon as I revved up the motor. It did it anytime I was idling (in gear or not). I had about 1900 miles on my primary clutch when I finally noticed it was knocking real loudly in December...to fix it, I sent it to a guy on another forum (he owns a machine shop) and he disassembled the primary clutch and added some shims (I needed.080 shims, but he said most clutches he's worked on only need .020) to the bottom of the shoes and now my knocking sound is completely gone. Actually, he also replaced the bushing in the coverplate too as it was worn out, but I'm pretty positive that the cause of the knocking sound at idle was the shoes and not the worn out bushing.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

What did you do to the cooling system? How does the engine handle the extra heat from the turbo oil supply line? Sounds interesting.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

I run an extra 1/2 quart of oil and there are no other problems with cooling.The chatter was in the clutch was the belt slipping.It would get traction then slip and continued this prosses till the spring put enough pressure on it to get going.and then it wouldnt chatter it was just slipping.The belt broke a couple hrs after this started.I have a Red spring and new belt coming.My Brute only has bout 50 hrs on it so its not that anything is wore out yet.Just too much tire with to much tourqe on a completely stock clutch.I modified my stock clutch arms to accept 4mm bolts through hthe ends to and more weight(Like the rivits on the EPI units).It should be good for the tourqe now.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Kawturbo 1,
Just curious about your turbo system. What is your turbo from? I read from one of your previous threads where you don't have an intercooler. If you are taking exhaust gases to run your turbo the air is rammed in rather hot after time heat will increase and cause all sorts of problems. Is the pressurized air pushed in through your carbs? If so have you modded your carbs?

Old 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

The turbo i am currently using is from a Seca 650.I am going to upgerade it to a Garrett GT15 after Im sure this is what I want to do with it.

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750 Turbo build up