Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

atv theft

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I was just wondering what people could do to minimize the threat of atv theft. Just yesterday four atv's were stolen right out of my neighbor's garage. That is quite scary because I have a four wheeler too you know. So I was wondering what people do to help minimize the threat of atv theft in their area. For mine I keep it chained up in my garage, and keep the atv covered up so it cannot be seen from the windows in the garage, and I keep all of the garage doors locked. This seems to be a growing worry for me as everysingle house on our road has been broken into besides mine (must be my dogs )... so it's getting really scary for me since I"m the only one that hasn't had that happen to yet !!! any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

Old 11-11-2000, 12:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Keep a loaded gun. Nowdays nothing happens when you get caught stealing anything. Put people in jail for awhile even if it is the 1st offense. I do not take any great precaution to keep mine from being stolen. I was extremely paronoid when when had to speed 3 nights last year in a motel with the 3 quads on the trailer and no insurance.

Old 11-11-2000, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

you can do many things like take the wheels off take the spark plug wire off but most of the time they wolt try to start it anyway. the thing that I do is put it in gear and take the foot shifter off it is extremely difficult to move it back into neutral and it seemed to work since my old atc sat in my front yard for 3 years and never been stolen until I got a garadge.or you can keep it cornered in your garadge so you couldnt get it out unless you move something bigger like your truck. thats all I know to do also go to other atv topics on this board and they have a story similar to yours

89 Mojave
84 ATC200M

Old 11-11-2000, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

there is nothing lower than a thief............except maybe an atv thief.

here is what I do to keep thieves away........#1 dogs, #2 loaded guns, #3 make #1&#2 very evident & keep the quad in the garage

if they are gonna steal it, nothing will stop them. the homeowners insurance will cover the loss of the bike. the lowly parasite that steals it had better ship it to a far away land before he rides it. if I were to catch the thief........no telling who might spend more time in jail

Old 11-11-2000, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both my quads are positioned in my garage so that when I pull in my PU truck at night,there is no possible way of getting the quads around it and to the front door without first moving the truck.I'd love to video tape some suk-a tryin to steal my quads out of my garage,Oh it'd be SO funny,
Bill

Old 11-12-2000, 01:03 PM
Range Rover

For about $25.00, Home Depot sells motion detectors with built-in alarms. They can be either battery or a/c adapter powered and they also have a socket for an external alarm siren.
Mine is in my garage but it would work in a shed
just as well. I have not been able to get past it without setting it off.

Just a little more peace of mind......