Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 to a Sportsman 800EFI

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750 to a Sportsman 800EFI

Hello All,
I am new to the forum and found it as I was researching the Brute Force. I was all set and had my local dealer down to 7200 otd (including 7% NC sales tax). I was very tempted to purchase on ebay and avoid the sales tax.
I drove by another dealer and stopped in just for reconfirmation that my $7200 was indeed a deal.
They didn't carry kawasaki but had an 05' 800 sportsman that bought when they bought out another dealer.

The dual exhaust did it for me so I ended up getting it instead..... FOR THE SAME PRICE plus it had some hardware added.

I know the BF will win in a drag, but I think I got a heavier duty machine. Would anyone have stayed with the BF, if so why?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 02-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

You got a great deal on that 800 and its a good machine but i would of never gotten my brute if i thought the 800 satisfied me more.

The brute gives me wheel standing performance and all the thrills i could ever need in a 4x4 so i'm stickin with it. ;d

Old 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

The dual exhaust does nothing for the machine, All it is,is a pipe out the side of the one muffler to the other muffler, all it is is a sales pitch, but i guess it worked...... I wouldn't of boughten the 800 instead of the 750 but its your bike not mine, I got two buddies that bought polaris' ones an 800 and ones a 500 and they both thing there junk, Both say if they could do it again they wouldn't of boughten a polaris...
but good luck to ya

Old 02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Did you just really come on a kawasaki forum and ask that question? Haha you might just have some biased answeres. It all comes down to what ever wheeler you think fits you best. People could tell me the brute is the worst wheeler ever till they are blue in the face. But I know that I bought my 4 wheeler for one person only, me, not for what the others think. My personal opinion, no I would not have bought the 770 lb monster, but hey you bought it for yourself not me. Good luck with your new ride.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I was riding hatfield/mccoy in west virginia with a 2 hondas, a bomb, my p650, and 2 polarises. Only problems we had during the ride was both polarises over heating within 5 min of eachother. I was riding with another polaris in the winter and that machine proceded to over heat as well. I know someone who works at a dealer that sells 4 or 5 brands and they say the main ones in the shop are polarises. I've seen and heard too much bad about them to ever considering buying one. Plus the weight issue on top of that. Good luck with it though.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Matt27703
Hello All, I am new to the forum and found it as I was researching the Brute Force. I was all set and had my local dealer down to 7200 otd (including 7% NC sales tax). I was very tempted to purchase on ebay and avoid the sales tax. I drove by another dealer and stopped in just for reconfirmation that my $7200 was indeed a deal.They didn't carry kawasaki but had an 05' 800 sportsman that bought when they bought out another dealer. The dual exhaust did it for me so I ended up getting it instead..... FOR THE SAME PRICE plus it had some hardware added.I know the BF will win in a drag, but I think I got a heavier duty machine. Would anyone have stayed with the BF, if so why?Thanks,Matt
Yes somebody made out like a bandit, but unfortunately it was the dealer dumping an 05 model. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I should have noted that the Sportsman will be doing double duty and be working around the horse farm, moving manure with a swisher bucket, and general chores.

I also had decided on the BF as the best value quad on the market, until I came across a equally powered machine with a stronger heavier frame, EFI, better stock wheel and tire package, and a better suspension with more travel.

Any thoguhts?

Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

when i bought my Brute, i could have bought any atv i wanted, including the Bomb and Pol, but it came down to the Brute or the KQ. from there it was kind of a coin toss, with dealer and my fondness for the V-Twin sending to the Brute. i wouldn't trade for any atv out there.
if you did your research, you should know all of the pros and cons, but in reality it's how you feel when you start up the mountain on your machine.

no slam to your machine, but i would have still bought my brute if my dealer had the Sportsman 800 for less.

monty

Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I am in the same boat. I'm 40 yrs young, 6'2" and 300 lbs. I know the Brute and every other big bore has plenty of power but it is hard to pull the trigger. I live in Vegas with lots of desert riding from dirt roads to trails to the mountains and dunes is this Brute Force the one for me or do you recommend something else. Also I am a novice rider and any sport machine will get me in more trouble than I want. So talk to me and let me know sound advice not one way opinions. Thanx

Old 02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

In the past, when it came time to buy a new toy, there was only one brand I would look at: Suzuki, until.......2005 I find the Brute Force

I had the 05 KQ and BF on the same showroom floor and I never looked back when I left with my BF.
I have had 4 different Suzuki's and not a problem one with any of them, except when my 92 King Quad reached 7000 miles, it kind of went downhill fast after that.

I still wonder if I will get comparable dependability out of my Kawasaki, I am assure by many that I will, but I still get a little nervous.

I love the Brute Force though, none of the Suzuki's I had did wheelies like this.

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750 to a Sportsman 800EFI