Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My Brute review. The reasons for my trade.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brute review. The reasons for my trade.

Just joined. Had to reply since I just bought an 06 BF750i in Nov. I sold an '04 Polaris 500 ho and bought the BF. I have not had time to put it through the paces yet as far as extensive trail riding but I will say the Polaris had a better ride. There were other reasons I got rid of it not pertinent to this thread. I also had a problem with the BF fender flares grabbing the side of a mud hole. It pulled and cracked the fender(about a 7inch crack) and I am not happy at all about that. I can't complain about the rest of it yet and I am so used to riding snowmobiles that I like the shape of the seat. I am taking it to Kentucky at the end of the month and then to Utah in July. I will know more then. I sort of think the suspension has to be somewhat stiff to harness the horsepower of the machine and give it that sporty ride to kick it around corners. I rode a friends 650 Prairie without IRS and it was pretty stiff compared to the Sportmans ride but it didn't deter me from getting a stiffer riding ATV. My breakdown so far:

+Power
+Digital Readouts
+high radiator placement
+Styling
+Diff. Lock (not found on Sportman)
+Brakes
+Did I say Power
-rear hitch doesn't extend far enough to hook up some tongues
-fender flares catch on mud hole edges/trees etc.
-ridiculously small factory tires(why? to keep after market people in business I suppose)
-might be tipsy but I like sitting up. (like someone else said, you can adjust your riding style to the machine)
-I did like the racks better on the Polaris, but easier to clean on BF

Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Poindexter660r
So you posted this topic once already and you didn't get enough heat over it so you thought you would post it again? Nice.

Maybe you should have investigated different wheels and tires. Larger wheels and tires (because of the additional weight) lower the center of gravity, widen the stance, and give you other benefits as well, such as improved traction and the bling factor. In addition they also add more unsprung weight which softens the suspension.

You say your statements are "facts" but they are really just your opinions.

Yamaha is coming out with an all new 07 Grizzly that will be released mid year 2006. It's going to have the Raptor 700 engine w/EFI and a bunch of other improvements that are going to "redefine the utility ATV market". They are going to offer it at the same price as the current Grizzly to try to get back some of the market share they are losing to BRP and the the others. Now is that fact or opinion?
If you noticed Poindexter660r that I did comment on the brake system as a opinion. Just based on personal facts. I feel like a teacher trying to tell my young students to read slowly and carefully. Which you seem to just run through my post like a mud hole and pay no attention to detail. As far as the other points to the seat and weight transfer those ar facts and once again let my point out the main reason for my trade to the ole Griz.

If you may go back to the top, and read down slowly and carefully. Ive outlined my opinions and outlined the facts.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is like comparing Ford vs Chevy, no winner.

We all ride what we ride, We all have our "Opinions", buy what is in your heart to own and just remember we are all "Biased" here, so take that into your "Facts" when you do buy that 4wheeler, no matter what make, model it is.
By the way, I own a FORD, '05 F350 V10 5-speed auto w/OD, 4;11's and Yes before I had a Powerstroke but for my reasons I never intend on having another Diesel, so please don't take that " the Wrong way "..

Old 03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Zackattack
Just joined. Had to reply since I just bought an 06 BF750i in Nov. I sold an '04 Polaris 500 ho and bought the BF. I have not had time to put it through the paces yet as far as extensive trail riding but I will say the Polaris had a better ride. There were other reasons I got rid of it not pertinent to this thread. I also had a problem with the BF fender flares grabbing the side of a mud hole. It pulled and cracked the fender(about a 7inch crack) and I am not happy at all about that. I can't complain about the rest of it yet and I am so used to riding snowmobiles that I like the shape of the seat. I am taking it to Kentucky at the end of the month and then to Utah in July. I will know more then. I sort of think the suspension has to be somewhat stiff to harness the horsepower of the machine and give it that sporty ride to kick it around corners. I rode a friends 650 Prairie without IRS and it was pretty stiff compared to the Sportmans ride but it didn't deter me from getting a stiffer riding ATV. My breakdown so far:

+Power
+Digital Readouts
+high radiator placement
+Styling
+Diff. Lock (not found on Sportman)
+Brakes
+Did I say Power
-rear hitch doesn't extend far enough to hook up some tongues
-fender flares catch on mud hole edges/trees etc.
-ridiculously small factory tires(why? to keep after market people in business I suppose)
-might be tipsy but I like sitting up. (like someone else said, you can adjust your riding style to the machine)
-I did like the racks better on the Polaris, but easier to clean on BF
You make a good point about the sporty feel to a Sport Untility. The Brute, once again to seperate from fact or opinion did not feel sporty to me ( for all those that cant relate between fact or opinion, that was an opinion )
Ive rode a Bomb 800 and the Polaris 800 of my cuz'z,and my friend has a Honda 700 they all had a sport feel to them along with my Griz also.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Years ago I wanted the ideal truck I found out to my shagrin I had to build one. This is what I came up with. Dodge drive train, chevy motor/trans, Ford suspension and body. I liked fit and feel of Ford, workability/ excellent chevy power, and Dodge drive train toughness. Did I ever build it,.......nope, sure thought about it though, lol.

If you were about to build a sport UTE what parts would you take from each manufactuer to build your ultimate machine? For me it would be a bomb 800 quad with Kawi front end, and Works competition shocks.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

States40 has is entitled to his beliefs. I own both a BF750 and a Griz and disagree with most of what he states. It really does not matter much in the end, but the way he defends the Griz makes me think he might be a little insecure in his decision making process. If your confident then it really does not mater what other people think, but by looking at the dual postings I would diffidently say he is suffer from post purchase regret combined with V-Twin envy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree. I eluded to this in the Yamaha forum. I think deep down he might have regrets and needs to deal with the decision he made and move on. I am looking forward to putting my BF through some ridiculous situations and see for myself.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

I remember when I had a Raptor 660r, I used to post stuff on the Yamaha Forum.

When I got my BF I started posting stuff here...

Old 03-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Curls
States40 has is entitled to his beliefs. I own both a BF750 and a Griz and disagree with most of what he states. It really does not matter much in the end, but the way he defends the Griz makes me think he might be a little insecure in his decision making process. If your confident then it really does not mater what other people think, but by looking at the dual postings I would diffidently say he is suffer from post purchase regret combined with V-Twin envy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think what you wanted to say is you disagree with my opinions. You owning both, you should see that the suspension on the Brute is softer and the seat is higher, harder and wider. And also that the Brute turning radius is wider and its harder to steer.
Also to note Im getting more and more reports of the finder flares ripping on the Brute.

Brought my Griz home last Friday night, as of today there are 14 hours on it. And if you notice there is no defence of the Griz, my comments post the flaws of the Brute. Want to stay on topic here. Im confident about my reveiw of the Brute and its suspension issues and the Brutes ergonomics.

(Ergonomics:an applied science concerned with designing and arranging things people use so that the people and things interact most efficiently and safely -- called also human engineering)

I love a healthy debate, been writing on forums for years and I knew by posting duel posts, what to expect. Not many of you here has said or commented on the specific facts. You just comment on my opinions. Which leads me to beleave that Ive touched on some issues about the Brute that are true.
If you agree or disagree, its still cool to read peoples postings. Ive noticed the hits on this thread, its a popular subject and makes theses forums more spirited.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN you guys have got to be bored. All this bickering and arguing. Hey I've got an idea, why don't we all congradulate states on his new purchase and then burn him at the stake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm just kidding. Good luck with your griz hope it lasts you a long time and you get many hours of enjoyment out of it. Now everybody shut up bickering and arguing and lets all go riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My Brute review. The reasons for my trade.