Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

everyone has a review

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everyone has a review

I've been reading all the forums and the brute bashing people are doing and the comparisons, and heres what I think.

The brute is a beast of its own nature. Shure its not the old cattle feeding reliable honda that your grandpas uncle had back in 86 and it shouldnt be, its got like 450cc's more motor (back then it was good to have a 750cc street bike) people compare it all the time to the polaris. isnt that like comparing a military hummer to an escalade ? they compare it to a bomb800 shure I'll say it the bomb is faster than the brute from the factory. but for like 2,000 dollars more it should be. for the money saved you can get a 2-300 dollar cdi to make a 750 faster than a 800 ? coincidence I think not. Kawasaki built this bike for a certain group of people its not the o'l trail carving straight axle prarie that everyone has had, its not for a 80 mile trip on a gravel road through the mountains if you want that get a polaris or king quad. its not for feeding cows and hauling fence posts if you want that get a honda. its not built just for drag races and for old people to safely outrun young people on sport bikes if you want that buy the bomb. its for me and people like me who ride to test thier limits, its for people who work hard and play harder. I'm not into doing 3 day long rides on gravel roads, instead I like to cut the trip down to 20 miles of the roughest muddiest hardest terrain I can imagine and make my own trail. another thing that I have noticed is everyone talking up the fuel injection quads( I have mentioned all of them above) who needs it or wants it ? to me it seems like big risk factor for anyone that rides. nomatter where I am if something happens to my carbs I can get it home with a little tinkering, efi your there and not going anywhere. you cant "FIX" efi all you can do is replace parts of it. I dont want it and wont have it. for me the brute is a release from everyday life. You can bet while the "Others" are riding down that gravel road on the long route they still think about everyday problems,and feel the need to talk about them back at camp. but when your azz deep in mud wondering where your next winch point is and how your going to get up that damn hill on the other side you dont have time to think about what happened at work during the week. and you can bet when you get to camp with all your buddies your not going to talk about what happened at work, you'll be there laughing drinking beer and talking about the mexican on the polaris who got stuck and wondering if he ever made it out.(added that for mex lol) I'm just proud to be a part of a group as unique as the bikes we ride. were not soft and supple like a polaris seat, and on the weekends were damn shure not reliable like a honda. we dont want to rush the weekend like a bomb but were not lazy like a kingquad, at the end of the weekend we are covered in scratches, cuts , scrapes and brusies that will eventually be scars but, just remember scars are tatoo's with a better story! and boy the story is good on monday.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

Bruteforcebob, Hat's off to You!!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Range Rover

bruteforcebob, this is the best review that I have seen in the forums since I have been on here, and yet its really not a review. By not being a review, I mean its an opinion, just like every other review on these forums. You hear people day in and day out ream the Brute for the suspension, tippiness, and everything else that didnt compare to your Grandpas 86 Honda. Well, then dont buy it if thats how you feel. I read a post yesterday where a individual told a new Brute owner to sell his quad for another big bore, and backed it up with "points" such as the seat was to firm. Some people just dont get it. I come onto these forums and I look for help with situations that I have with my machine, not suggestions on what I should have done or should do with the actual ownership of it. I myself am a sucker for power, because there is no replacement for displacement. All the other upgrades out there are simple compared to tearing into the motor, and Kawi hit it good in that department. From the time that I sat on the Brute, and yes I sat on the Bomb and Pol800 too, I knew I was taking it home. I think my buddies fall into the same category as yours, because at the end of the day we are not talking about suspension, down hill braking, or seat firmness, we are talking about the trail we just blazed at 70mph while the others are sitting at the beginning trying to figure out who is man enough to take the trail at 40mph. I look forward to having a beer with you someday my friend, with our middle fingers pointed in the direction of anyone who looks down on our machines.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

BruteForceBob, you nailed it for me. Other than the mud - I'll ride in mud and enjoy it, but I HATE getting this southern Indiana clay out of my quad.

Great write up, Bob.

hollowcd, not sure where you are in Indiana, but we should get the Brutes together sometime.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

dang, thats good sh%t, hell I feel proud to be a brute owner now. I think I'll print that and keep it in my dry box for my buddies to read when they are thinking about that steep, rutted, rocky, slanted hill they want to follow me up on, but dont have the ***** to. Ride on son

Old 03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

right on bfb.sum folks sud not own the 750i ,i think its just to much for them imo.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

thanks yall, it just eats me up that everyone has something to say and most of it is heresay every bike has its problems, but I've ridden them all and all of them but the brute feel like a puss on wheels plain and simple. its a beast that you cant compare anything else out there to. everyone says kawi should have done this kawi should have done that and myself I think kawasaki did an excellent job on it. to this day there are people "competing" against kawi's brute but still there are none that can really compete with it. this ones too high, this ones too low, this one doesnt like water this one does this and that. I ride with several different quads around me and there are NONE that can go where the brute does and with such ease. its good at everything I put it through and never fails to amaze me. these idiots in the mags doing the reviews on it talk about how its tippy etc.? anyone ever wonder if these guys that "test" it can they accually ride ? I can keep up with the best of the straight axles in most trails.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Range Rover

a puss on wheels,,lol lol lol you wouldn,t belive what i just seen in my mines eye lol

Old 03-07-2006, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

you people wouldnt believe the PMs I've been getting over this thread lmao

Old 03-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

well said bruteforcebob!!! WOHOOO BRUTE FORCE 750!!!!!! let the good times roll!!!

Quick Reply: everyone has a review