Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need some info on lakota!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info!

Hi guys i am new to this but i seen a cpl of your post on the lakota so i decided to join and see if you guys can answer my questions. I have a 2002 Lakota Sport with no modifications. Everything is stock so it is kind of a boring ride right now. This however is my first quad i have ever gotten. My problem is with the tires and the rims. i went out 1 day and absolutly destroyed my rims they still hold air and all but the lip is flattened. i wanna prepare the quad for riding this spring and want to get new tires and rims. i know rolled edge is the best way to go so if you guys have n e other suggestions. it would be apreciated also i would like ur input for future projects to get the quad as fast as it can be. n e tips would be a big help thanks

Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need some info on lakota!

yup the rolled lip is the best way to go....douglas red lables or itp t-9's are good for the front and back but if you want somthing a bit stronger in back get itp t-9 bajas or douglas ultimates...if you get new wheels i would get a whole tire/wheel combo from rockymountainatv.com, they are a real good price and you would be really happy with the hookup you would get with some razr2's or razrs over those stock goodyears which are complete crap....as far as other mods stay away from dg pipes and dont wate your money on dyno jet kits or k&n filters....if you want an idea of good mods that will get the most power out of the kota click the camera under my name and look at my mod list...i ran dg's best pipe, the xcellerator and it was a complete peice of crap quality wise and was wicked loud but gave decent performance gains but i bolted up my big gun and it performed way better then the dg and is alot better quality.....ive also run k&n, uni, no toil, uni clamp ons and twin filters.....the twin filter in the stock box with the snorkel removed performes the best imo...you deffinatly dont want to go with a clamp on it make the bike run rich and you will not gain any power from it despite what other people say....if you ever really feel the need for alot of power check out cycleworksracing.net for internal enigne mods

Old 03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guy with the mods on yours how fast do you think it goes? i am wondering cuz right now the quad is soooo slow it was plenty fast enough when i first bought it cuz i never rode 1 b4. but now that i been riding it for 4 yrs it is to slow. thanks for the tip on the exaust i would have been stupid and got the cheaper exaust. i think what i wanna do is bore out the cylinder and rebuild the engine. i think if i bore it out to its max .6 or .06 i aint sure it will make a huge diffrence. dont ya think? do ya know what is the ply on the stock tires cuz i got a hole in the side wall really easy. if you dont mind me asking what skid plate do you have on urs cuz on mine the stock 1 i destroyed the first day on a small tree limb it was a peice of crap. so i took it off. oh and just to comment on the mojave vs the lakota as far as i am conserned the mojave is crap i went riding with a guy that had 1 and he couldnt make it where my kota could. it seems the mojave has a problem with the fuel intake when going up a steep rocky hill. has n e 1 else seen that problem or was that just me? thanks again holeshot for the help

Old 03-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey be nice now, your bashing your Kotas cousin.!!! LOL, Ive had my Mojave for 5 years now and it has taken me every where I need to go. Only fuel porblem I've had is the float would stick one in while but an in line filter took care of that. For internal egine mods you need to check out cycleworksracing.net. Seeing what could be done has conviced me to keep my Mojave.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum chico...

Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I love my wheel package i got...Razr 2's on douglas .190 red lables...my kota never handle this good ever...i can get through anything i put the kota up too foot of snow this winter was no problems at all for me and mud is a blast...holeshotz got my back for the mods cuz hes got like every performance mods for the lakotas...but like he said talk to greg a cycleworksracing.net he can help you out with makin your lakota really rip...hes got really good prices on labor too...

Old 03-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

i know mark that i am bashing the cousin but i was just stating my experiance i do give the mojave credit for what it can do it seems a lil faster than my kota and it can also make it up some steep hills. i dont know if it was the grade of the hill we were going up or what cuz it was really steep for a long time about 10 min ride straight up with the huge rocks and all i think it was to much for a 250. but n e ways i'll have to check out that web site since all of you guys endorse is so much. and also when i go with the tires i will go with what v-unit and holeshot got on thiers. i had a huge problem in like 8" of snow 2 winters ago with the tires i have on now i want something good and the razr2's seem to be the most liked so i think i will go that way. thanks baseball for the welcome. thanks for the input so far guys ur a big help.