Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota full manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota full manual

I know I kind of already asked this, but ohwell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What all would I need to make my 2002 Lakota a full manual? I found this site here but I don't know if this is to make it a full manual, or just a replacement centrifugal clutch. I know a few people like vunit and whatnot have the kg springs and everything, but is yours a full manual? Thanks guys, latr.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

lol....i wish for 54.95 it made our lakotas a full manual......that is just a kg clutch kit...i have one in my kota.......just because the lakota is a semi dosnt mean there is no clutch inside of it, auctually there are 2 which makes it more complicated then a manual bike....the lakota has a secondary clutch which consists of a basket and pressure plates and friction and steel plates and springs go inside of it and that kit you have there is just for replacement frictions,steels and springs(you replace these when you feelthe clutch slip) the lakota also has a centrifical clutch which is kinda like a brake shoe and that is the primary clutch(the primary clutch shoe is wicked expensive,around 300 bucks) and the only they really wear out besides normal use is exsessively revving it up in nutral and slamming it into first, if you dont do that often you should get atleast 5 years outa the primary clutch....the only way to make the lakota a manual is probally to remove the primary clutch and hook up an arm to the secondary clutch to engage and disingage it....a while back a member,98lakota had a manual clutch on his but if i rember right the previous owner did it and it didnt look easy at all.....imo a semi is better to have cuz it saves time and you could shift faster,the only time a manual helps is off the line........on all my manual bikes i usually just powershift thru the gears especially when im racing so its like a semi lol

Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

wow, lots of clutchific stuff there! Thanks alot, ill prolly jsut get that kit from that place, and you said it IS a KG kit, and you have it? I heard it is very good, so yeah. Every once in a while ill pop it into first, and get a HUGE wheelie goin, but not too often. Everyonce in a while it slips, actually, very rarely. But i feel as if I should do something to the engine, besides the jett kit. lol. They are stock plates, and everything, so it could use replacing.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

as you can tell, im still learnin about all this engine stuff. Im getting to be a motorhead though! but stupid school gets in my way of doin anythin, they jsut overload me on homework. it sucks, but its koo, next year it's highschool for me. (yay, more homework) lol

Old 03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

If I remember right he made it a manual by making the primary clutch disingage or ingage by a lever that went up to where his brake handle was. So in other words he just made it so instead of using your foot to ingage the clutch you used the lever but you still had both clutchs. (If the spelling is horrible in this its becuase im having one of them days when you just cant spell worth crap). Oh and the only time I wish i had a manual is when im riding a wheelie shifting gears. Its hard to keep the front end up when you shift and all your power is disengaged(yes another sp error) from the rear wheels.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, thats about the only only reason i want that manual. I just don't have enough weight to keep the front end up. But on the TRX250ex, the front end lifts too easy... you go over a jump and have to lean forward to keep it from landin on the back wheels. Its pretty sad because he just got the quad a few weeks ago. I already hit his beat up grab bar to the ground. It was funny though, lol.