Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

service manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service manual

Looking to buy a service manual for a Lem 50cc Atv

Old 08-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Never heard of that make. Some dealers put their own brand name on the Chinese bikes they sell so there are lots of "makes" that have no backup at all. If you can find the Chinese maker from the VIN number (not always possible) you may find an on-line manual for it. Alternatively, most small Chinese engines are copies of Honda engines so, if you can work out which one, a manual for another Chinese make that uses the same engine, or the one for the original Honda, can be used for engine work.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:59 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Old Italian Moto Marini engines. See if this helps.LEM Engine Manuals Just brought back old memories. Was the first engine used in the small KTM youth model cycles. Here's some parts places if you can still get them along with other manuals. http://www.morinifrancousa.com/ http://lemdirtbikeparts.com/

Old 08-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default Italian Make Lem

The Lem is Italian made but Merriman you have a point. I'll look at some of the other manuals and should be able to work it out. There is a videao on changing a Lem motorcycle clutch that is pretty good and I assume the atv would be similiar. To show how little I know about these engines the video works on the right side of the machine where the starter lever is. I assumed it was the other side. Learn something everyday. Appreciate all the comments and suggestions. It is very helpful.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Ingenious little machines that would scream when set up right. Nut that held the clutch on was also splined for the kick starter gear to engage and start it. Pretty smart,but you had to have the special socket to take this nut off.

Attached Thumbnails service manual-image5.jpeg  
Old 08-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Yes that nut looks as if it will be a challenge. I was looking at the shoes (I assume that is what they may be called) and found that I could turn them around on the circular plate in the centre which I assume is the clutch (my terminologu may be incorrect). From one of the videos online, I understood that these shoes were attached to the central disk. It does not seem to be the case here.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Again many different variations on the LEM engines whether air or liquid cooled and different type clutches used. Don't know if this helps,but shows some more uses.Later models did away with the clutch/gear nut in favor of a regular nut.
Plus here's another break down on all the engines used. Morini Franco USA

Old 08-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Nut

This nut must tighten clockwise as this is the direction of the push when starting. It is also possible that the gear behind is attached to the nut (I.e. part of the nut itself.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer
Smile Successful clutch removal

Thanks for the comments. They were a big help in removing the old clutch. With a little luck, everything finally came apart. I now see what has happened. Two links that hold the pad assembly to the central disk have come apart. Looking at the pads there are still lugs that for an inexperienced person, appear to be not too bad. I ordered a replacement this morning on ebay but maybe all that was needed was the linkages. I'll know better when the replacement arrives. Anyway thanks to all the suggestions. It has helped immensely and has been a learning experience for me. I am sure I will be back with new problems.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Good luck on this.. I remembered after looking through the parts list that the first generation Lem clutch just used the links as a pivot and the springs to draw the shoes back in. They did have a habit on the Ktm 50 of slinging the clip off. Second generation is when I had to mess with all those blamed washers. Again good luck on getting this machine back together. Also remembered the Italjet 50 that had the Lem 50 engine was the one most used on the kids 25 cent amusement ride in front of a lot of stores back in the day..

Attached Thumbnails service manual-maxresdefault.jpg  

Quick Reply: service manual