Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Teather Switch on Prairie 700 with DynaTek

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teather Switch on Prairie 700 with DynaTek

I'm trying to install a teather kill switch on my 04 Prairie but do not want to fry my Dynatek CDI. It's a ProArmor kill switch with 2 wires and is normally open. I tried wiring it in with ATV kill switch but every time I pull the plug it kills the ATV and blows a 30amp fuse. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 03-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Why would you want to install the tether switch wen P700 already comes with the vehicle-down (or tilt)-sensor from the factory? The engine is supposed to stop when the vehicle is leaning 30 degrees or more (measured from the vertical line) either to the left or right.

But here is an idea using the same down-sensor circuit above.
If you check under the rear fender, right rear corner just behind the fuel tank, there is the sensor secured by 2 screws.
1). Remove the Br wire pin from the 3-wire down-sensor connector, either from the sensor side or harness side, and see if the engine starts and runs. This is important. If it doesn't, this idea won't work - STOP HERE. If it does run, contiue to next step.
2). Remove the sensor and reposition it 90 degrees or upside down (arrow pointing sideway or down).
3). Replug in the Br pin to the connector.
4). Cut the Br wire and install the tether switch 2 wires in a series between the cut Br wires.
Now, whenever you pull the tether, it will activate the down-sensor which stops the electric fuel pump (no fuel) AND the ignition (no spark).

Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I need to install this to race. I don't think mine has a tilt sensor. I have rolled it and it never shut off. There should be a way to tie into the existing kill switch without blowing a fuse.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I found a way.
But you would need a N.C. type tether switch, not the N.O. type. There is the engine STOP slide switch on the left side of the handlebar. In RUN postion Brn wire is making a contact with Yel/Red wire (closed) and that energizes the igniter. In OFF position, the circuit becomes open and no more juice is supplied to the igniter. Remove the Brn wire from the STOP switch and and install your NC tether switch to the Yel/Red wire. Now your tether switch is becoming the OFF/RUN switch instead.