Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

does modifying void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does modifying void warranty?

Anybdy know?

Old 04-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I believe it doesnt if you use a factory authorized dealer if you know what I mean and they have to do what ever it is you want to do or upgrade. But just to be sure ask them might work different in B.C. laterz![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: HEMIPOWER
Anybdy know?
Called my dealer today on this question, cause i wanna put a moose module on my quad. He said unless it directly causes a problem to a source, such as hooking this up to a stock wire, if the wire melted because of this piece then yeah. However this piece is easy to take off so if it messes up Ill just take it off!

Old 04-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Range Rover

Ok buddy here's the deal....
YOU need to search Google (or your preferred search engine) for info about the "Magnuson-Moss Waranty Improvement Act"
You may have heard of it. This is what legally defines what "mods" you can do without legally voiding your manufacturers waranty. It can be a bit confusing, but it is THE word...
Hope this helps...

Old 04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: mikeames
Ok buddy here's the deal....
YOU need to search Google (or your preferred search engine) for info about the "Magnuson-Moss Waranty Improvement Act"
You may have heard of it. This is what legally defines what "mods" you can do without legally voiding your manufacturers waranty. It can be a bit confusing, but it is THE word...
Hope this helps...
Good info for us that live in the USA but HEMIPOWER is from BC.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

my personal opinion is that if you are worried about the warranty talk to the dealership ya bought it from or have work performed by. my experiences with dealerships have been less than desirable most times, but with the warranty questions they are the best ones to ask. some dealerships are very lienient on this issue, others are not so .

Old 04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Actually it's a quite common sense. If your modification or aftermakret part(s) caused or can be anyway related to the failure of your vehicle, your warranty will void.
For example, if you have big wheels/lift kit and your CV-Joint break, there is a chance that it may not be covered under warranty (due to increased angle and load at the cv joint). If you have an aftermarket ignition module that advances ignition timing and your piston gets holed (due to detonation), they may not cover it. And so on.
On my quads, for any kind of engine/suspension mods, I just wait until the warranty runs out just in case.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

I think this is best put to the individual dealer in question.

I wanted to put a timing advance key in my Kawasaki, so I put this warranty question to my dealer's service manager. He said that for their regular customers (like me), they don't care what I put on the quad. They would honor the warranty.