Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute, to slow.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute, to slow.

This is my first qaud and i like everything about it except i wish it accelerated harder/faster. I ride dirtbikes cr 500/xr 400 and mod snowmachines. It stock except mooose module and twin air filter.
In what order should i start modding it to get more aggressive accell. Clutch kit? exhaust?etc.
thanks people
and the top speed ive gotten is 59, it should get better right?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brute, to slow.

Something is wrong with your bike. My BF650 will do 68mph.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Brute, to slow.

Brute23 is that speed on your speedo or did you usa a gps? I was thinking about taking my gps tommorow and seeing what that says?
thanks

Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brute, to slow.

My 05 650 will do 109 kmh with 26" Mudlites.Thats with a gps.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Brute, to slow.

you know i think the moose module slows you down on top end. before i put mine on, i was getting 63 stock on an 05 650. now, after the module, it sounds like it's on it's last leg at 59-60

Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brute, to slow.

belt could out of adjustment.

other than moose, highlifter modules, dyna cdi, and vdi i dont know of a way to make better acceleration unless you do internal mods. maybe getting the software for the vdi and custom mapping the ignition might get it a little better. airfilters and exhaust help as well but nothing real noticable. i can wheelie all day, i dont how much more it really needs. mine tops out at about 70-71mph, thats before i changed the tires. now with 27"s i'm in the low 60's. thats no mods except winch, gear bags, & alum skids.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Brute, to slow.

I took the GPS out today and ran it, On a slight uphill i could get 62 and on a slight downhill it ran 66. Anyone running the dyna how much improvement does it make throughtout the entire rpm range
thanks

Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brute, to slow.

My 05 750 topped out at 64mph and it took a 1/4 mile to get there. I installed the Dyantek and now it hits 68 no problem. Also installed a EPI red in primary.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brute, to slow.

You have to decide if you want high top end or better acceleration. The only 2 mods that will give you both is a cdi and a good after market muffler. The moose module (or any other module, only helps acceleration to about 5 mph, then has no effect one way or another). You don't need a module if you get a cdi.

If you start changing clutch springs toward higher stall, your acceleration will be better and your top end will be lower.

About top end - - I've had my current bike 3 1/2 months now, and have never taken it to some safe straight good surface and let it out. The reason is, I never ride on a surface like that. I had my P700 over a year and only opened it up once. I'm with you on better acceleration though.

I've always advised against high price after market mufflers (until now) because there is not much hp gain - - a dealer on another forum is testing his efi bike with a dobeck (just cause it's efi, don't trouble yourself about the dobeck, squirts in more fuel) and various mufflers. What his initial finding is, the right-now power of a 2 stroke, but holds a flat torque/hp curve longer while the rpms and mph keep going higher.

I'll post his findings when he's done as I am really wanting to see the various muffler performances myself.

Also, you can do a search for a knowledgable guy 'alltoys' and 'muffler' and see what he has to say about it. I forget if he's on this forum or nyroc's.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Default Brute, to slow.

Well i ordered the dyna cdi today and pulled the moose off, I hope that helps some, there has got to be clutching that would make it accelerate better, I dont care much about top speed but like the get up and go. I have worked over enough snowmachine clutch and increased performace from changing springs,etc. I tried the EPI Maroon and did not like it at all.
Any suggestion?
thanks

Quick Reply: Brute, to slow.