Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

hot B.F 750

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot B.F 750

i went out mushroom hunting last friday and took my BF and since my wife doesnt really like riding and is half scared of atv's i was poking along on it with her on the back 19 mph at the fastest and i noticed that the heat coming from the engine was so hot that she was complaining about it felt like it was burning her ankles. I could really feel the heat on the sides of my legs too. The temp. outside that day was about 85 degrees. I just had a dyno jet kit installed about a week or so ago. does anyone know what would make it run so hot like that? Another thing, how can you keep the BF from cutting out when going through water besides cutting holes in your fenders to install snorkles? It just seems funny to me that i traded my prairie 650 in on this thing and i NEVER had these problems with it. I had my prairie in water clear up to the front racks quite often and i never had to cut out on me once. What do you think that kawasaki did different with the BF? Whatever it is, i dont like it. Im starting to regret getting rid of my p650 and i dont want to feel like that.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Range Rover
Default hot B.F 750

first is it broke in ...they do run hot .what year is it .dylectic grease on the ends of the coil wires will stop 99%of the water problem so what year is it

Old 04-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default hot B.F 750

if its getting that hot its probably not broke in yet, it will fix itself , as for sputtering when wet, you can add splash guards on the airbox, and another thing is there is a little clear plastic thing that sits ontop of the factory splash guard under the air intake, it has a hole in the side of it and if water gets in it it will cut off the vaccume to the carb and make the bike spit and sputter, I sealed mine off and didnt have any other problems, also may check to make shure the line off it goes up into your pod.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Range Rover
Default hot B.F 750

my BF is an 06 with 14-16 hours on it and around 170-180 miles on it. As for the coil wires, i really dont know what youre talking about,sorry. I dont know about the little clear plastic thing either. Can you please be more specific? SORRY

Old 04-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default hot B.F 750

coils, follow your sparkplug wires up and they go to the coils. as for the clear thing, its an overflow canister, I dont know how else to explaine it just look under there, its attached to your factory snorkel off the airbox you cant miss it.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default hot B.F 750

IS that the same for the 05 bf I followed my spark plug wires up and they went into a small about 2 in long black thing and out the other side was 2 plug like things that came out and went to the left side (if you Were Facing IT)of the bf is this the coil and if so where do you put the grease at and also the little clear plastic thing that sits ontop of the factory splash guard under the air intake, is that assesable through the air box or is it something i should be looking underneath the air box

Old 04-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default hot B.F 750

its under the front plastic infront of the airbox, and yes that is your coils, you can twist out the wires and put dielectric grease in them

Old 04-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default hot B.F 750

Ok you said that the temp indicator on the dash was coming on, I bet your fan isn't working then. I hade one that did this, it was a connector block under the rear fender on the right side, bad ground. If that is the case take it into your dealer and have them call Kawaski about it. I am a tech and called Kawaski about the same problem and that's were they told me to look.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Range Rover
Default hot B.F 750

cluby,

no i havent had the temp light come on yet but the thing puts off so much heat off of the motor that you can hardly stand it sometimes.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default hot B.F 750

what clubby is talking about is your buss connectors. you may want to take them out and grease them at the very least. http://atv.dnsalias.com/techtip.cgi?...rce&viewtip=14