Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Took me 11 hrs to completely disassemble/clean my P650

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took me 11 hrs to completely disassemble/clean my P650

For anyone curious how long it takes to completely disassemble and clean a Prairie all by yourself, read on...

Couldn't sleep last night, so I went into the garage and started pulling everything apart from the Killer Bee and didn't stop until I stripped it down to the bare frame early this morning around 6am. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get the heavy/bulky motor out of the frame (by myself) will less fuss and strain this time around...I can only guess its b/c I had the rest of the quad completely disassembled before I removed this motor and last year the rest of the quad was still intact when I removed/installed the motor for the pistons/cams upgrade.

Until last night, the only big parts removed were the rear axle/swingarm, progressive springs and front diff. This morning (after a quick nap), I got up and used the pressure washer to clean most of the non-electrical parts. All together, I figure it took me 11 hours to completely disassemble this quad and clean the parts. That sounds a little higher than I would have guessed, but I didn't use any power tools (except an electric screwdriver) and I don't have a real work space in my garage (no workbench, vice, etc.).

PS - Feels good to finally get this tear down and clean up task done...Hopefully I'll get a chance to take pics and put parts on ebay soon.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, just got a new prarie and the stock tires are terrible!! if you still have them would you sell your kenda bear claws and rims and if s how much. Also how much are you selling your DYNA CDI for.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on getting the Prairie...its a great quad and I'm sure you'll love it. Yes, the stock tires/rims are lousy and most folks like to upgrade them. I have TONS of parts left to sell, including the parts you asked about. I'll send you a PM with details on the wheels.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]