Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mudlite tires vs Swamplite tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudlite tires vs Swamplite tires

I am in the market for some new tires and most of the guys I ride with have purchased ITP Mudlite XTR’s these are the radials. I am a very aggressive rider on the trails and enjoy a good mud bog now and then. I have put off purchasing new tires because I have really been torn on what to buy. I read about a tire called and Out Lander Duck but I have not been able to find any more information on this tire. The Maxxis Big Horns seem to be pretty pricy and very heavy. I guess that leaves me with trying to compare Mudlites and Swamplites. I am really hoping for so help and I realize this will just be people’s opinions but thank you for any responses in advance.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Mudlites and love them.A buddy has Swamplites and loves them.The only thing I don't like about his tires is the fact that they really through the rocks out the back.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Are your mudllites "radials" and is their a big diffrence in hard pack ridding between the two sets of tires?

Old 04-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

the swamplite name is deceptive. they are as heavy as a HL outlaw. i heard they dont clean out as well. the other tire you are talking about i think are the ducks unlimited made by itp. i think they are the stock tire on the bigger polaris's now(radial). the carlisle act's are pretty close to those as well if not the same tire. its the stock tire of the bomb outlander 800 xt. i have mudlite xl's and like them. and i also have gators. i might recommend maxxis mudbugs. light, trail performance is decent, and mud performace is excellent.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have Swamplites and they are an excellent tire. I had them in mud, hardpack, and flooded marsh so far, and dont have a complaint to offer. On top of that, i stayed with stock size, and still gained another inch of ground clearance!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:17 PM
ONX
Trailblazer

Mudlites

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also know swamplites last alot longer than mudlites. As a matter of fact, i heard mudlites wear down unusually fast compared to other aftermarket tires

Old 05-02-2006, 03:40 AM
Trailblazer

how does the Swamplites compare to the Gator's (price compared to how long they last) and how they perform

Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a great question. I was going to get the Gators, but the dealer told me the Gators are great for snow, and mud. But they suck on rocks, logs, and wear down fast. The swamplites are good in mud, snow, rocks, logs, and hardpack, and last alot longer. If all your doing is mud/snop, he said Gators are great. But for Mud/snow/rough terrain/ hardpack, get the Swamplites. I have them on mine, and have pulled wheelies in mud that a 400 with stock tires was stuck in! Ill never get another tire.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

gators are pretty cheap compare to other tire prices. they are similar to mudbugs in tread design. i've got about 2000 miles on them and they really arnt showing any wear. larger than stock size gators probably wont give you a great increase in ground clearence as they are more wide than tall. but they really shine in mud and snow. they arnt bad on regular trails either. makes it kinda fun because you can really make the rear slide with gators. really, all the tires mentioned on here are good tires.

Quick Reply: Mudlite tires vs Swamplite tires