Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota/Mo' exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota/Mo' exhaust

What's up fellas? Looooong time............... I sold my Kota[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] rings were goin' & I got SO many other projects. I sold it to one of the guys I ride w/ & it wasn't smoking all that much, anyways, he dogged it real hard, & lo & behold he lost all cmpression one sunny Sunday on the way out to the trails. He & one of his friends put a set of rings in it(BIG mistake, to have this one guy help him- Anyways, they got it all together & guess what? HMMMMMM........... Won't start. They took it to a dealer, & they told him it was because "it's got a 250 exhaust on it, that's why it wont start(MAYBE, just MAYBE, it could of been the timing was off?)". When it was mine, I got an IDS2 for it & re-jetted it, it ran like a scalded- well, 'Kota! O..K., my qwestion iz, could there really be THAT much of a difference in the 2 Supertrapp systems, between the Mo & Kota? Oh, & here's a good one, He wants to trade me the IDS2 for the stock system-NO problem(Ebay)!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man... Im pretty sure that the only difference between the two systems is that the headpipe is a lil diff. than the lakota's. The silencer is for the mojave, right? if it is, then im pretty sure thhat is not the problem. Holez or Rols will know more about this, but im pretty sure that a mojave ids2 silencer is the same as a lakota. if not, they couldnt be that much different to make it so the kota wouldn't start... but who knows, it might. =D I have a Ids2 on mine, rejetted, and it runs perfectly. but ya, thats what i think. you prolly want to wait for rols or holez to reply tho. just some feedback tho. later man

Old 05-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

lol...that wont make it not start, it will make no diffirence at all except that the lakota system may fit a bit better on a lakota......i would say that the timing is off like you said so re time it and see what happnes

Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

I'm sure the dealer has already re- timed it(& charged him for something else), maybe from all that oil blowing thru the system, it clogged it up? Maybe I'll try cleaning his SuperTrapp up real good when he gets it back in a week- I can't imagine it would run too good w/ the stock system & the carb jetted for the 'Trapp system.

Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

No the two are differnt and will not go on the other. That is right they have two differnt head pipes, two differnt mid pipes, and two differnt silencers. Also that would not be why it would not start. It would be because the timing is off most likely.