Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX700

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX700

I need some information in general on the v force, from riders not from the web site.

how do they run, a lot of maintenance? Do they come with duel exust stock? things like that. i'de like to know as much as possible because i am decideing between the 700 or a 450r

Old 05-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX700

Well I don't own a KFX700, but no, they do not come stock with duals. I have, however, ridden one and the machine from which it's engine is derived, the 700 Prairie, and I can tell you that is ONE SWEET ENGINE. Sounds great, runs good and strong, lots of torque everywhere. Only thing I've found compared to others is they seem to drink gas a little bit more than I'd personally like, but that's really nitpicking when you have that kind of powerplant between your legs. You're REALLY talking completely different bikes in a KFX700 and a 450R. What kind of riding do you usually do and in what types of terrain? This machine isn't going to handle nearly as well as the 450R, though not bad, and it's also much easier to just hop on and ride compared to the Honda because it's automatic, which I think REALLY ups the fun factor. On top of that, you can play with different clutch springs to tune the powerband just about the way you want it. I would say not nearly as much maintenance as the R either because the R's engine is so high-performance and I've heard it requires oil changes and rebuilds quite often, even for a thumper. The Kawi is also shaft-driven = no chain adjustment/replacement.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX700

I do almost all types of rideing besides MX. I hill climb SOMEtimes duneride, trail ride and pave ride. I drive atleast 3 hours a day so maintenance factor is a major in my decicion. I can understand that it handles diferent. compareing it to the R for handleing is probley like compareing my 400ex to my foreman 500 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. as for duel exust. couild i get a cheaper duel exust for around 400~ dollars. (a loud one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 05-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX700

Im with Redgoblin you are really comparing 2 different beasts here. The KFX 700 is a great machine if it is what you are looking for it has alot of power and the auto can be nice in alot of riding environments. As far as maintence I know a guy thats has had his for about 2 years now and hasnt had to do anything to it but plugs and oil. The KFX 700 is heavy for a sport (516lbs) and in technical trails is rather large and tipsy.

The 450's are great machines designed to race. Not sure on the Honda but I know the yamaha 450 suggests oil changes every 8 hours. Id ride both and see what you like and maybe through a few other options in the mix.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default KFX700

I have a V and RedGoblin did a great job of saying what I think about it.
Being a "big block" they do drink some fuel, but it costs more in fuel for your truck to go to the riding area than for my V.
If you MX or like to jump big and a lot I don't think the V is the quad for you.
If you trail ride or dune or hill climb I think it is one of the best machines out there.

Heavy yes, but tippy; no way, not even close. They are great for technical trail riding because of the belt drive. I can crawl up anything at 1 MPH with enough traction. Or I can hammer on it and fly up a loose hill. I don't have to worry about the gear I'm in. I just lean foward and hammer down and up the hill I go.
They are great in the sand because of the shaft drive. I don't have to worry about chains and sand and salt.

They are great on trails with rocks because of the extra ground clearance the shaft drive has.

You can Ebay a good exhaust for around 4 to 5 hundred bucks.

One thing that a lot of people don't understand is this. This quad is really clogged up from the factory. Unlike the 450's which are pretty much a race engine right out of the factory. With just a few mods these things can be made super quick. With just a clutch spring and an exhaust system these quads are quick.

From what you have said, the decision would be between the 700R and the KFX not the 450. But That's just me.

One more thing. These quads, like the DS are geared more for the bigger person. If you are 5'5" and 130 I would not recomend getting the V.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX700

I am 6foot 190lbs, tipsy isen't a problem since I will be putting wider A arms. I do plan on putting exust ect. yamaha isen't an option for me. (never had luck with them) and unfourtunately hondas most powerful bike is the 450. but ty for all the info I will be surely looking into a new kawa!

Old 05-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default KFX700

I'm 6' and 2 bills and it feels real nice for me. Some people like the smaller sport quads but not me, I feel like a clown on one.
One other thing about the KFX. There are quite a few around so you should be able snag one for a real good price if you decide to go that route.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX700

what a fantastic machine! I've had mine for 4 months and and simply love it! Definately not for little "toothpick" riders! Jump on it and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it stuck once and the guys were grumbbling.....was a beast to get out. Great trail machine, heck you're always in the right gear! As for the hills, again, you're always in the right gear! I highly recommend this machine!

Old 05-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX700

bberck and doc, thanks for the props on my review. You guys have an awesome machine; quite possibly one of the most fun motorized vehicles I've ever ridden. I hope to own one myself someday in the future.