Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I let my Brute down this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006 | 11:02 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default I let my Brute down this weekend...

I was riding with two AC 500's, and one AC300. I was riding my BF 650 SRA and I got stuck in a mudhole. Yes, I had to get winched out by my laughing father in law with his AC. He took a picture with the digital camera, lots of laughs and I felt really stupid. At first I blamed by Brute, but then I looked down and it was in 2 wheel drive. I immediately pushed the 4wd button hoping with everything in me that the 4wd light would flash and get me out of that hole. It did not...

Did the machine let me down? Absolutely not. I learned that once I was stuck in 2wd, it is almost impossible to get her in 4. Let this be a warning to think ahead and make sure your Brute is locked and loaded for mud. It was my forgetfullness, not my machine's that got me stuck and tortured by family members who own Artic Cats. Also, it is important to note that I was running the stock Dunlops with 900 hard miles on them. Next upgrade is to Mudlites for sure.

Nuff said,

Bubba

Old 06-04-2006 | 11:15 PM

id go for some swamp fox's im haveing them put on ym 360 ill let you know what i think of them
have you ever ran swapm foxes?

Old 06-04-2006 | 11:18 PM
|
Pro Rider

I want to go with the lightest possible set up. I am real weary of running anything real heavy, despite the gains in mud they may give. From what I was researching, the ITP Mudlites, cannot remember which exact model, were pretty light if you run them on the stock rims. I will check out the Swamp foxes and see what those look like.

Old 06-04-2006 | 11:22 PM

i know josh the guy at our local kawi shop said he would go with the swamp fox cause they are an all perpouse tire harder then them dumflops and will clean out easy

Old 06-05-2006 | 06:43 AM
Trailblazer

I've got some 27 inch mudlites on my brute force 750 and man they are awsome in any terrain, especially mudd.

Old 06-05-2006 | 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree, I have 26 in. Mudlite XL's on my bike and it is like riding a different bike from the $hitty stock tires.
The only complaint has been from people that ride behind me, these suckers chuck some serious mud. The guy behind me last week said he had to stay back about 50 yds. or it was raining mud chucks down on him.
Judging from what his machine and helmet looked like he wasnt kidding.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006 | 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

yeah bro, my tires pick up some pretty big chuncks and for having 27 inch mudlites my bikes still spins them pretty quick.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have 26" Mud Lites on the factory rims on my SRA BF650. At the time that was the lightest set-up I could find. I got 12s" in back and 10s" up front. It gives it a good stance and keeps the bike from digging too quick.

Old 06-05-2006 | 09:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

Hi Brute 23,

I remember that was your setup, and that is exactly what I am going to go with myself. How do they feel on hard packed stuff, like railroad beds and pavement? I encounter mud, railroad beds, and pavement everytime I ride.

Old 06-06-2006 | 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I like the tires. They do not vibrate you to death or anything like that even on hard packed stuff or the road. I drive on the road alot too with sport bikes and they are holding up pretty good. The tires are also very mud capable. I was following a BF750 the other day with outlaws. I did have to work it alot more than he did but I did make it. The other good thing about keeping the factory wheels is you will get some mud thrown up on you but you will not be covered like if you had after-market wheels and stuff.

The Mud-Lites are a good all-around tire. You can fish-tail, slide around turns, cut donuts, drag race, trail ride, mud, drive on pavement and just about anything else and not be dissapointed in the perfermance of the tire or your bike. Also, I have hit re-bar, stumps, and just about anything else you can think of, not to mention the tole that the South Texas brush country can have on tires and I have not had any flats.

Quick Reply: I let my Brute down this weekend...