Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The DNR can be A holes!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The DNR can be A holes!

I purchased my BF 750 on June 6th. They (the dealer) mailed the paperwork for my Iowa ATV sticker for me when I bought it. Until you get your sticker they give you a temp card to get you by. I drove 2 hours to Bussey Iowa to ride on June 18th. After one hour of riding a DNR turd stopped me and wanted to see my paperwork. He said the pass is only good for 10 days and said I could not ride anymore that day. That is a load of crap. I had proof that I already paid for the sticker. What difference does it make if I have a little orange sticker or a piece of paper that proves I paid for the little orange sticker. The DNR turd looked like he got his _ss beat when he was a kid. Now he's getting a power trip...

Old 06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Yea he's probaly still upset cause someone took his lunch money in the 8 grade. Sometimes you just got to let it go. I think I would do a little more research on how long you can ride on this temp card. You did you part and now because of some lazy butt in the office your getting the shaft. I think I'd make a few phone calls and use his name.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Do you need a sticker in Iowa for riding on public trails or do they require it for every ATV sold?

If you had the paperwork proving paid for your sticker and you were just waiting for it to come in the mail and the guy was busting your ***** for it that was stupid. I would have made him cite you for it. Then you could have taken the issue before the judge. You could have then kept riding. Either the DNR dweeb wouldn't have called your bluff or the judge would have been on your side. At worse you get a piddly fine.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

I hear ya ALZATV,

I take care of all the Radio equipment for Iowa DNR most are very cool but I have encountered a few that really abuse there position for the pure power.... That really sucks...Not to change the subject but how was Bussey??? I really want to get out there...

From the big town of Clinton... I Have to do some work there later today....Small world

Old 06-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

Bussey is great. 360 acres of pure fun. Lots of trails, hills, mud, etc... Can't go wrong.