Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ATV action magazine inaccuracies

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV action magazine inaccuracies

Does anyone have the review? I would like to know how the 650i did.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bubba123

If I had the startup money, I would love to start a program.
With modern computer editing software and the quality of reasonably priced video gear you don't need much in the way of start up money.

Don't like ATV Television or...(well.... I guess that's all there is now that Fisher got yanked off of the Men's channel on Dish network) then get a video camera and some editing software and have at it. Produce several 20 minute (or however many minutes considering time for commercials) shows reviewing various ATVs calling them the way YOU see them. YOU tell it like it is. YOU tell them what's what. Do reviews of gear and tell what's trash and what isn't. Do tech segments showing how to change CV belts or install jets or a new sprocket. Do an hour show if you want to.

After you do a season of shows shop it around to the Outdoor Network, OLN (which will be called "Versus" soon. the hell?) or Men's channel or ESPN or some other channel.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Range Rover

They ranked the BF 3rd out of 3. Some of the things they say are pure ludicrous for an experienced rider to hear, like "The kawasaki flat rips, but the Honda has the best blend of muscle and manageable power." Or, "the Kawasaki's hard- hitting power works against it in technical sections of trail." Here was another interesting quote, "Honda's front differential puts more power to the wheel that can use it, unlike the Suzuki and Kawasaki." How can it be any better than a fully controllable progressively lockable front differential? Ah well, enough of my ranting, it is what it is. I know what I like, to each his own.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, nutsy that is hilarious!

CaptainQuint, that sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how a guy would have the coin to have a stable of machines to test. You would have to get in bed with the companies to get the product.