Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute 750, Hot on leg. Engine ice ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute 750, Hot on leg. Engine ice ?????

Spent the weekend riding between xr 400 and my brute 750, damm the heat that comes out the left side on brute is almost unbearable, I installed oil cooler and an small push fan in front that i can control from switch.
The bikes normal fan kicks on a bit but the temp light never comes on but still seems hot, Anyways does Engine Ice help much with running temps? and/or the heat coming out the left side? I have also been thinking ceramic coating the exhaust. would that help much?
thanks

Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

engice will lower operating temps and does do what it says. my rubicon use to verheat at the sight of mud, but since i put in engine ice no problems. i havnt done the brute yet but when its due for a coolant change thats what will be going in. ceramic coating is probably your best bet to cool your leg down, but unfortunately heat from v-twins is the nature of the beast. my friends with prairies complain about it all the time, but since i wear a pair of over the boot riding pants now i dont really notice it anymore. i dont think your really gonna be able to reduce it by much.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

Also wheres the best place to purchase Engine Ice and whats the qauntity i need tp purchase for the brute
thanks

Old 06-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

some dealers carry it, but you can get it from dennis kirk or rock mountain atv. only comes in one size, i forget but i think 1 jug will do it, but i bought 2 just incase.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

I have the hot leg on my 650 Brute and it is just the nature of the machines. My father in laws AC500 heats his leg up to, so it is a common deal I believe. It doesn't bother me too much and I wear shorts most of the time. heck, on a cold winter day I will welcome the free heat! LOL

I do want to run that engine ice, but you have to flush the whole system from what I heard. I will also wait until the times comes to change the whole system before doing it. I have also heard good stuff about Water Wetter too. I looked into the whole oil cooler thing but it is expensive and a pain in the **** to do. I will be putting in an inline fuel filter though as that seems like cheap insurance.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Engine ice really won't help you that much. You might see a small decrease in engine temp or you might not. The real advantage of Engine ice over Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze is that it is nontoxic to animals. Its cooling properties are about the same.
The ceramic coating would make a big difference.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

this might help. put a toggle switch across the two wires going to the temperature switch (located in the upper left corner of the radiator, fan side) and when things warm up, turn the fan on with the toggle switch and leave it on.

it seems to help to have the air flow all of the time. it'll still get hot, tho, just not as hot it seems to me.

monty

Old 06-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I flushed my system, and refilled with liquid performance racing coolant, and my fan comes on half the time it did before. But my leg gets hot also, as bubba says, its the nature of the beast.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 AM
Range Rover

u bet the brute gets hot but thats the way they are ..i can now ride in shorts on it ,you just have to adjust cus the brute won,t aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the brute is just to dam hot,wwaaahhhoooooooooo.i like to ride the heat lol

Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Do a search on Evans coolant!

Quick Reply: Brute 750, Hot on leg. Engine ice ?????