Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Oil & air filter test...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Oil & air filter test...

Howdy!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope everyone had a safe 4th.

Anyway, I started a thread a while back about the best oil for my quad, and we also got on the subject of air filters.
I was using Valvoline 10W40 ATV oil, and was having some shifting problems with my quad. I have now changed over to Maxima Maxum4 Premium 10w40 Oil, and WOW, what a difference!!! My trans now shifts PERFECTLY! No more sticky shifts, or Clunks between gears. Also, the engine runs SOOOO smooth, you would think that this is a new quad! I also installed a UNI air filter, and there is a noticeable difference in performance. The quad seems to have more "punch". Here's what I mean, I would be on flat ground in 5th gear at about a quarter throttle and start up a hill. I would let the engine "bog" down a bit, and then hit the gas. When I did this before I put in the UNI, the engine would just keep lugging, no acceleration, I would have to downshift to pull the hill. Now, with the UNI filter, I tried the same thing at the same place, and now when I hit the gas, It accelerates hard enough to feel a "pull" and I don't have to downshift to make it up the hill. I would say that the UNI filters are defenetly worth the cash![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I went on a long ride on the 4th (see my thread in other ATV topics) and the ATV preformed better than it ever has! Needless to say, I am a happy camper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Also, in case anyone's wondering, I use the Emgo oil filters.

Thanks
Jack

Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Never heard of Maxima Maxum 4 oil. Who carries this oil? Glad you like your new filter.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply.

My local dealer carries the maxima oils, and also I think dennis kirk and rocky mountain ATV has it as well. you can also get ti directly from maxima's web site:
http://www.maximausa.com/products/4s...um4premium.asp

Check it out.

Jack