Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Oil Leak question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak question

Hey greg,

I'm glad it turned out ok. Yes, there should be a layer of grease inside the seal, I thought I already told you that,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]... Oops, My bad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
There is a small one-way vent above the output shaft, and it will "spit" a little oil once in a while. There is no way it can get out of the boot, and
it should'nt ever spit out enough oil to fill it up. There should only be a few drops of oil accumulate in there every year. Just take the boot loose
every now and then and see how much is in there. there should'nt EVER be more than a few little drops. Also, a good rule of thumb is to take the
boot loose when you change your oil and run the engine and look for leaks. This way you will know without a doubt that there is no leaks.

Hope this helps.
Jack

Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Oil Leak question

Well the story continues..........

I could not get the leak to stop so I took it to my local Kawasaki dealer who informed me that the problem was the holder was bent so the seal was not seating correctly and for $100.00 they would reapir all. Now here we are one month later and after a couple of trips I am having the same problem. I hope to call them in the morning and drop it off. I am two weeks from my hunting trip and no quad!!!! I am wondering if the shaft could be bent. I saw no sign of any damage to it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

Old 04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, any update on this? Did you fix the leak? I am about to do this on my Bayou and now I am nervous