Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

WHICH JET KIT DO I BUY

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH JET KIT DO I BUY

wut jet kit do i buy...im puttin on a supertrapp ids2 pipe on a 89 mojave

Old 08-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

what ever one you want... Dynojet, K&N, FMF, or buy the jets seperate from your local shop or dealer.
Kenny

Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

ok well can u explain this to me....ive never jetted a carb or done ne thing to that nature should i just buy a full jet kit or buy a single jet and try to figure out the hard way....i have a uncle that is good with this but i kinda like to do thing myself SOMEITMES lol.....but im buying a supertrapp ids2 wut size of jet do i need for a stock carb and stock well EVERYRHTING besides this comeing pipe if i do buy a single jet

Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

i couldnt tell you what jet size considering i live at a different altitude and have different modds then you have. If i were you i would buy one of the jet kits above that i mentioned knowing that they have instrutions to guide you to the correct jetting for your pipe and altitude. The kits come with a main jet some smaller some bigger and a new needle and clip. the kits run for about 50$. My quad i have a lot of modds to the motor and im running a 134 main and the clip on the 3rd notch down with my air screw 3 turns out but im at a pretty high eleavation as this is a huge factor in jetting. If you need more info post it up and ill explain more detail if you need.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

ok well i have a local dealer about 45 minutes away..thompsons honda shop...they work on ne thing...price rang they will rip ur *** apart if they can...but i mean wat can ya do nothing else is around here and they have professional liscened machanics...but wut i need to know is if i took them my carb could they jet it....or does the whole qaud need to go.....

Old 08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Not to sound like too much of a smartazz, but you ever try to see how a carb runs without the rest of the quad? You can take the carb itself, but they may put the wrong jet in. Not really a mistake on their part, but you just have to run it to see if you got the right jet.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

should i wait on the pipe to get here two
and if i were to buy the jet kit with the instructions will it tell me wut size bc i wont know hwo to fine tune them wont be able to feel it rite dont know wut to feel for
or does the pipe have the jetting instructions in it??

Old 08-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

yea you need the whole quad to see how the quad runs with the jets you changed. Its really hard to explain this over the internet on how to do it. Everybodys quads are different and run different in different altitudes and respond different to modds. The only way is to go by the instructions in the kit that you buy. Its easy to do. You could put the pipe on and run the quad a little bit and check your spark plug for the results of the jetting. If the plug is black most likely your running rich. If the plug is lightly colored then your lean. The color you want to shoot for is a tanish, brown. If your plug is one of those 2 colors your jetting is correct.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

so will the colors b very distinctive and how long do i run it...do i run it hard...(drop the clutch do sum wheelies bunrouts) or just ride around the house a couple times
this will blow a few spark plugs so i need them handy rite?

Old 08-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

You cant really do it with a brand new plug, it will be too white yet. You have to run a plug a little bit before doing this. Run that mojo hard when your doing the plug chops, wheelies, burnouts, what you want to do, then check the plug. You wil also be able to tell if your jetted right by how it will run. The quad may have awesome bottom end and hit mid range and start breaking up when you hammer on it. That would be that your running either rich that its giving it to much gas at the rpm and killing it or lean that its suffocating. Thats just an idea for you to look at when jetting. The quad will tell you how much gas it will need or lack of fuel just as long as you can diagnose it and go smaller on a jet or bigger. Its fairly simple once you get doing it. Sorry if none of this helps but im trying to explain as best as possible as to what you need to do. If anyone else has an easeir way to explain all this please jump in.