Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF 750 ins and outs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF 750 ins and outs?

I have an 05 kingquad and my girlfriend wants a new BF 750. she wants to keep up with me. i have nothing against the BF but i never rode one and dont know anyone with one. all you guys are the ones to ask since you own one. overall, what are the best/worst things about them: stability, handling, maintenance, comfort, easy to ride things like that. we mostly will be riding sand dunes in michigan, then trail riding in mountainous areas ( hatfield-mccoy) .all your help is great. thanks guys.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

If you like eating dust buy it for her lol!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

look at the BF 650i. a little more mild mannered on the trails.

monty

Old 08-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

ya she better be pretty good rider to handle the brute 750. that thing is a power house. if she can handle it and thats what she wants, then you know she won't be happy unless she gets it.......check out my pics i use mine for everytype of riding. from racing 100yds sand drag, to trails, to getting in the mud at mud nationals. i like it !!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah the are take some getting use to.

There power and height can lead to disaster if you are not careful. I do not consider it a bike fo the timid or inexperienced.

I got myself in a bind the other day. I was hauling azz on a road that goes through the brush on the BF750. The road makes a little turn and heads to a tank. I was cruising probably 55mph and I came to that turn. I started leaning and playng with the brakes and then I was like "O ****!.... this aint my SRA bike." It got real unstable and I couldn't really turn for fear of flipping. I thought I was heading for the brush. I was thinking about bailing. At the last minute I went for the slide and made the turn. It was quite a wake up..... and my fault. I was going into the turn way too fast for that bike. On my BF650 I would have hit the rear brake.... started the slide.... and pinned the throttle coming out like I do all the time...... but I just forgot what bike I was on for a minute.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

My current girlfriend wants an ATV as well, but she is going to have to sit behind me for awhile. No way in heck I would put her on a BF750 unless I had a policy on her.

My ex girlfriend that I rode alot with, we had the same dilemma, we decided on a utility and a sport.. that way you can trade off and have the best of both worlds. A Honda 400EX will keep up with you and not set you back as much dough.

A 400EX or a TRX450 would be a blast on those dunes!!

Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer

Kingluvr,
If she is used to the ride of the KQ, then she probably won't like the ride on a BF 750. The KQ is a much more comfortable ride on the trails and cruising. The BF 750 is a much "harder" ride, especially with after market tires which are almost a must with the 750. It is harder to steer and requires more work to control and steer especially on tighter trails. But like everyone else already said, the BF 750 has "plenty" of power and will blow away the KQ in that department!

Old 08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

With radials and aftermarket rims and a set of Elka shocks the BF would make a great quad for her.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

Dude! after looking at your pics and many others I need to think about moving my business or finding another one to another state. It looks like you guys and gals live near or really close to where the fun is. So Cal has great riding but I don't really like the two hour drive and or three to four Hr drive with traffic sometimes to get there. Four hours out of your day just to get there and back is starting to suck, I am thinking of moving my business to right below Gorman Ca. Here I sit on this forum insted of riding, RATS! Don'tget me wrong this place is cool and so areall you quad folks, i just want to see you on the trails more than in here.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with most people here concerned about an inexperienced rider and riding a machine the he/she can get hurt on. This weekend I took my BF 750 up north to a family vacation and all the younger kids wanted to ride it. I just adjusted the throttle stop so the machine will not exceed 15 mph. You can do the same with the inexperienced rider and then after some time open the throttle to its full potential.

On a side note.....I actually deep sixed the machine for the first time this weekend with the wife on th back. 7" of rain in one day. Lots of water on the trails in northern WI. Winched out and pulled the air box apart and let'er dry out. Fired up and away we went.

Quick Reply: BF 750 ins and outs?