Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Places to ride in states surrounding Indiana??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to ride in states surrounding Indiana??

I live in central Indiana and I am looking to take a ATV trip with some buddies. The best place that we have found on the internet so far is Black Mountain ORV camp in Putney Kentucky. This is about a 6 hour drive from where we are and we would like to have a shorter road trip, but we still want thousands of acres worth of trails, and hopefully a cabin to rent, but if not a campground to stay at. If anyone has any good places to go within a few hours of central Indiana please let me know. Thanks for the help.
hollow

Old 08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

out in attica..the badlands...that is badass place they have dunes woods maybe a mx track and i think there is a place to camp...they got stores and all the shiot u need out there...search it up on google see if you like it

Old 08-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, i will tell you that the black mountain atv park is your best bet. You need to make your way down there eventually. It is awsome. IN its first year of buisness, it is growing fast. I know of many great places to ride in ohio but most of them are not populated enough to have rentals and such like that. You can camp there and so on. You can go to wayne national forest. This is made up of over 100 miles of trials in nelsonville ohio. Most of the trails are not to challenging but there is some that are. Views are great. Richland furnace is a small state park atv area, the actual area that is mapped trails is small but off park trails are great. Best riding in ohio from what ive seen. We love tough trails and they have them there. Pretty sure you can camp there but not sure. Just googe it and find out. Maysville kentucky is a great place i hear. ITs called big rock atv park. I havnt been there yet but want to. I hear there is great riding there. If looking on a map, find cincinati and look farther east on the river. There you will find it. Google that to fine more about it. THere are thousand of acres of ridable land so that is probally a good destination for you guys. I think there is lodging to. LIke i said, google it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]good luck

Old 08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

wayne national is a great place to ride, we like to camp there at williams campground, they have showers and all that stuff. we go there more than anyplace else.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

Where are you at in Indiana, We ride and camp quite a bit at Haspin Acres http://haspinacres.com/home.html. The Badlands is also a nice well rounded park, they are pretty strict there. Haspin is "No Holds Bar" ride at your own risk but with a group of friends it is a good time. If you can get your vehicle there you can camp anywhere you want. Through the week it is a ghost town. I am near Richmond IN and love to travel. Sometime late August we are going to somewhere in OH on an ATV camp trip.