Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Has much changed on Prarie 360 past 2 years?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has much changed on Prarie 360 past 2 years?

I am looking at this 07 Prarie 360 4x4 for newbee girlfriend (newbee to quads lol)
Anyway it looks like a great starter and keeper quad for years to come. Any feedback would be helpfull.
I seen one out at azusa canyon, Ca plowing through the mud and going through deep water with no problem and watched as the owner put it through some trials in the canyons fun spots. I don't know what year it was but if feedback is good and I can find one used or in dealer stock I would concider it.
If you know of a like equiped brand ,Yamaha, Suz, AC ect that would be a good reliable quad please let me know. Thanks Calvin
I really love this forum and relationship I see here. Thanks to all, YOU DA BEST!

I WANNA RIDE!

Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It acctually hasnt change machanical wise since it came out in 03. JUst been a reliable reliable atv for me though. I have around 3000 miles on mine and not really and problems. Maybe a few little ones but not bad at all.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alwaysride
It acctually hasnt change machanical wise since it came out in 03. JUst been a reliable reliable atv for me though. I have around 3000 miles on mine and not really and problems. Maybe a few little ones but not bad at all.

what problems have you had and do you think a yamaha bruin 350 is a bad choice do yo uthink the kawasaki beats th bruin top speed ?

Old 10-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Same question was ask at Kawi 360 Q'S on this forum a short time back. Do a search and I won't have to retype again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Oh im sorry i didnt know you were in the last forum. I ask diffrent people the same question over to see whos giving me hype or telling the truth cause ive come to find out that ive goten a bunch of diffrent answers. Sorry to almost make you type something twice but hope that someone with a brain could understand this is a internet forum not everyone tells the truth ! I cannont make 5,000 dollar mistake cause of some dip in a forum said the 360 does 80. I have never been on this atv and there is none around for me to try out so sorry. So far ive heard many people say 45 mph but hey wouldnt want you to type that cause it would be you second or third time. I know how hard it is to type something again and thats why i cant ask the top speed of a prarie as many times as i have. I am going to be buying my first atv and it has to be a budget buy. Id just get a 700 bf but cant make the $$ right now. All i want is a atv that can run with my buddys and last longer than the payments.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

HELLO THER I JUST BOUGHT A PRAIRIE 360 4X4 2006 AND I AM VERY PLEASED WITH IT AS I HAVE A REAL BAD BACK AND IT IS VERY COMPTFUL TO RIDE NO REGETS ON BUYING THE PRAIRIE HOPE THIS HELPS AND I WON,T MIND RETYPING THIS FOR YOU LIKE THE LAST A HOLE.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

why does one care if their utility is a tad faster than someone elses its a utility quad, not a sport one. i read alot of posts in this forum, and puzzles me on the top speed of a utility quad.

u really did'nt think that quad would do 80. it might droped out of an air plane.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Basically saying that since i never owned this atv somone could mislead me and no i know better than that atv doing 80 mph. My buddy has a brp 400 and 500 efi sportsman just wondering if i could keep up with them on logging roads like flat ground. I already assume its will climb. mudd, and go through water as good or better plus riding skills. They do alot of open road riding and im wondering if this atv would be right for me.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Hmmm. Seems I offended a couple of people with my previous post.

Referring the original poster to a thread that could offer some information he could use was the intent. The part about retyping was perhaps a bad choice of words and I apologies for inadvertently hurting anyones sensitivities. The smiley face was a friendly gesture.

Thank you for the insulting and/or shouted responses. They clearly show their intent with no gray areas unlike my poorly written post.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hello KVFCAL,
It's good to hear from a OC rider. The Azusa canyon is a great place to test your MUDability of your quad or any 4x4.
Here are some "big" (IMO) changes on KVF360.
Better reliability of LH side crank bearing (actually a plain bushing).
More durable CVT belt.
More durable and different shaped dirve converter sheaves.
Digital CDI instead of analog.
More durable EBC actuator.
And some other minor stuff...
Looks wise, still the same (I don't like the headlights, too much like old Bayous...).
It is a great ute quad for all types of riders, not only for newbies. Single air/oil cooled engine but very capable, and a great chassis.

Quick Reply: Has much changed on Prarie 360 past 2 years?