Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Air Q's for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave Air Q's for ya

Hi everyone, i'm new so please bear with me here. anyways, i have a 2000 mojave and i love it. not that baddest on the block, but for a 250, it takes names here and there. anyways, i'm interested in buying a air/jet kit for it. anyone have any suggestions? the only combo pack i can find is by atv works. price seems resonable. i just put a pipe on it, and that gave it a little more bump, but mostly just sound.

another question, the filter above the sprocket (just under where the body plastic starts, the filter is oil lubed, and was grease sealed) is that some type of pre-filter? or is that the air filter. i always figured that it would be in the plastic underneath the seat, since that is where the tube goes from that filter. if that is just some type of prefilter, than how in the heck do i get the damn seat off? i had a 92 mojave, and i swore the seat popped back and then up. all i can do is get the 2 top suction cups off, and see two rubber pieces going into the frame. i'm pretty sure that's what's stopping the seat, but i don't wanna just start pulling on them and have it rip if that's not it.

SOMEONE HELP ME IF YOU CAN....greatly appreciated.

thanks

Doc

Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave Air Q's for ya

the atv power kits do next to nothing and are a huge wase of money.....just go down to your dealer and pick up the next 2 sizes up keihen jetts to jet it and it will be way cheaper then the power kit and do the exact same thing and stick with a foam filter like a twin air...the k&ns are a pain to maintain and they dont filter as good imo plus a good foam filter is also way cheaper and what kinda pipe are you running on there, hopefully its not a cobra or dg rcm.....that box above the sprocket is the filter, the mojaves and lakotas just have a crazy air box setup and to get the seat off you need to take off the back plastics, it comes off as one peice.......