Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ext. warranty brute 750. worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ext. warranty brute 750. worth it?

I did a search and did not find much. I have 6 days until my warranty expires.is the four year warranty worth purcahsing. I see you can get them on ebay for 350-390.\
thanks

Old 08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

chevytrkn1,
In my opinion it is. I purchased the 48 month warranty with my '05 BF 750 that I bought in January '06 and I've already used the warranty. It pretty much pays for itself the first time you use it if you figure a problem will cost you about 2-4 hours labor at $60-80/hr. plus the cost of parts. Pretty cheap insurance for four additional years of coverage.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer

chevytrkn1,
Ouch!!!! I just saw your pic after flipping your BF! Looks like some significant damage. Hope you got out of the way before that came down. How much damage did you do? Did you bend the frame? I'm guessing that was an insurance claim.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

demerick,

you want to see damage...look at my profile pics of a friends quad.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

rpxr400,
Holy crap! 15-20 roles! Did he bailey off and let it go? How did he do that? That was obviously a total loss.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: demerick
rpxr400,
Holy crap! 15-20 roles! Did he bailey off and let it go? How did he do that? That was obviously a total loss.
demerick,

he didn't have insurance on it, so he paid to fix it out of pocket. The dealership told him if he had it insured, they would have totaled it. It cost him almost $6k to get back to (almost) new. It still pulls a little on him, and when I'm rising behind him, the one rear tire is toed in more than the other.

He was off the quad before it started tumbling.
He was climbing a hill and it seems he hit a rock (really) wrong. The ATV stood up on him, and he mahaged to get off it. IT rolled back a little and then tumbled and tumbled and tumbled sideways.

It was his first real ride on it (except for riding around the neighborhood), and he hadn't even made his first payment on it.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Wow. That sucks! So he's got an additional 6k into the quad plus what he paid for it? That's one expensive Brute Force! Hope he's got insurance on it now. I stood mine straight up too and it fell and landed on the right side. The right front tire took the blow because I bent the tie rod and the upper a-arm bracket on the frame inward a bit. It didn't roll anywhere after it fell sideways. I had the a-arm bracket bent back out and it's all straight again. Something tells me your buddy will be a little more hesitate on the hill climbs in the future.......

Old 08-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

While riding i seen a deep narrow ditch but was going to fast to stop, Hammered it and pulled the front tires over it. The rears hit it hard and when the suspension rebounded it flipped forward fast. Where the rear rack bent was on my back. Broke collar bone but lucky for the most part.
It also bent the sterring shaft big time I had to cut and reweld that. I did all the repairs myself and had to modify the rear frame that holds the rack on. still a 2 wheel rider but learning 4 wheels the hard way. Luv it.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

chevytrkn1,
Good to hear you didn't hurt yourself too bad. It's definitely easy to make a mistake and bust these machines up. I'm picking mine up from the dealer today. It had started making this extremely annoying rattling noise and I couldn't figure it out. They said it was the front engine mounting bolt. I checked those at home but I guess I didn't tighten it enough.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

yes they are well worth it. if you didnt get a good price, go to my forum at www.atvposters.com and look at the sticky thread at the top and it will give you info on getting one for 375.00 for the 4 yr warr. thats where I got mine.

Quick Reply: ext. warranty brute 750. worth it?