Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Copperhead cdi results

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copperhead cdi results

Just put my copperhead cdi on my bf750. First thing I noticed was it idled faster. Turned down the idle and went for a spin. Second thing I noticed was my half miss sputter at 0-10 mph was gone. I'll be damned I thought!! Then it was time to take it up. I'd be damned again......WOW!!!!!!!My atv just totally runs better. I figured it might have more punch seems like it added 50 to 75 cc more power, but it runs smoother,sounds better,fixed problems that existed. Then it hit me. I started getting pissed!! Why cant Kawi make a cdi like this to start with. Do the techs at Canada know more than the engineers at Kawi. Anyways went from liking my atv to LOVING IT!!!!!!! This is the only aftermarket cdi for the BF750 and thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................Rick

Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Range Rover

i'm sure kawi could have made a better cdi, but not all of there customers are gonna want a utility quad that flips over backwards at the touch of a throttle. and theres always gonna be a company that will want to make components that will upgrade quads (big bore kits, jets, cams). if theres a way to make it faster someone will figure it out. i love power so i'm glad someone made it. also the competition is gonna get tough because velocity devices will have a product for the kingquads and 700 AC next month so they can adjust timing and fuel

Old 09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

Are you aware of the water issues concerning your CDi's Gen2? I like the idea of more power but I am not so sure about the water issues.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Trailblazer

There are not any water issues with the gen 2. The gen 1 had some issues but the gen 2 work perfect.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

no water issue here and i have had mine over the seats in water

Old 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

Where did you get your Copperhead CDI?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

velocitydevices.com

Old 09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

I tried to go to the copperhead link and It wont let me put a unit in my shopping cart, Is there any other sites that sell them? I put it in the search and didn't come up with anything. Howmuch are they?
With my modes i think it will help, like you said my my BF sputters at times around low rpms sometimes at the top of steep trails and hills. If the cdi would cure that it would be cool. Now I just need some good rubber to put all this HP to the ground although I do like breaking them loose at the blurp of my thumb. The stock Duns are wearing down quick on the rear I have about 60 hours on it and about 650 miles of smiles.
With these mods I have and even being a big dude I can't keep the front end down full throttle from a dead stop and that includes 4x4 but I did that on El Mirage dry lake so they hooked up pretty good.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

the copperhead cdi is on backorder till 10-01-06. when i got my quad i had to wait a month or two for them to come back in stock that was around june. i reccomend if you want one keep checking the site and where you order the cdi it says backorder. as soon as that goes away place your order. mine come up to a little over 400 dollars after shipping costs.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify,

1) There are a few people posting on other atv forums recently about water problems with their Gen 2 VDI CDI. It appears that this issue is not totally resolved just yet.

2) I believe that Dyna also makes a CDI that will work on the BF750.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Copperhead cdi results