Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lokata clamp on...in search of more flow

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lokata clamp on...in search of more flow

Where can I get a clamp on air filter for the lakota? The only kit I could find is by cycle works racing but is 120 bucks...too steep for me. Anyone know where a uni or k&n unit is sold? Links maybe?

Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

You can go HERE and look up the filter you want and then buy it where ever you want.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

You dont want a clamp on filter, do a search and read my previous poasts and you will see why......the cwr kit is diffirent because it is not just a clamp on, it is a whole tube which provides alot more flow and velocity........just stick with your stock box and take off the snorkel tube......it sounds like next mods for you should maby be some handling mods or a 36mm carb and head mods like a cam or port work.....

Old 10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

I'm still looking for more power before I put on too many performance mods besides spacers. I'd rather have a powerful, trail quad than a weaker but great performing quad and right now the engine seems pretty week. So is the cwr kit significantly better than stock? If it is I'd be willing to spend the 120 IF it's significant.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tamiyacrawler
I'm still looking for more power before I put on too many performance mods besides spacers. I'd rather have a powerful, trail quad than a weaker but great performing quad and right now the engine seems pretty week. So is the cwr kit significantly better than stock? If it is I'd be willing to spend the 120 IF it's significant.
the cwr filter kits wont fit the lakotas without modification because they are a bit longer then the mojaves......i would upgrade the carb to a 36mm mikini and if your still not satisfied then get a cam, overzied valves and have the head poted

Old 10-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

It's never the simple stuff...I'm probably better off getting a 400 next year. How do you stay content on your 300? Well it's modded pretty good, but I have ridden plenty of 300's 400's, and 700's and the 400's just put them to shame even with simple mods like exhaust and jetting. What if I were to make an extension on a clamp on filter? I don't understand how the cwr kit makes velocity but not the normal clamp on...

Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Is the makuni carb a good performance booster? I have been told that a larger carb won't affect low end and I all I want is good low and mid end as I never hit over 4th gear on the trails I ride at. And suggestions for low-mid end power? The jet kit seemed to improve throttle response, but with no HUGE power gain. It was noticable though.