Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

power tip

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power tip

Does anybody have any experience or have heard of this item - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...spagenameZWDVW

It's a power tip that opens the exhaust to apparently increase horsepower. Comments appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default power tip

I didn't look up the item but it's probably the same as most others I have seen. It's a mod thet has been around forever. Pull out your exhaust baffle and remove your airbox lid to increase airflow. Removing the baffle will make your bike louder so if you ride in noise sensitive areas you may not want to do it. I know some companys offer an exhaust cap to replace the stock one after the baffle has been removed. Most of the time they look and flow better than the stock exhaust tip. Remember if you do this you'll have to rejet to add more fuel with the extra air your moving.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power tip

Originally posted by: FASTFATBOY
I didn't look up the item but it's probably the same as most others I have seen. It's a mod thet has been around forever. Pull out your exhaust baffle and remove your airbox lid to increase airflow. Removing the baffle will make your bike louder so if you ride in noise sensitive areas you may not want to do it. I know some companys offer an exhaust cap to replace the stock one after the baffle has been removed. Most of the time they look and flow better than the stock exhaust tip. Remember if you do this you'll have to rejet to add more fuel with the extra air your moving.
yep save the 45$ + the shiping. & doit yourself......