Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

MOOSE IGNITION MODUALE

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOOSE IGNITION MODUALE

Here is a site that has good pics of carbs being rejetted it should give you I good idea of what you will be doing click on praire 650 mods and scroll all the way down to jetting 101. Its not all that hard to put in a jet kit but it is a pain in the a** to get to the carbs you have to remove lots of screws and plastic.Hope this helps.

http://kod.gotdns.com/index.cgi?album=P650_Mods

Old 12-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Great! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Roofer
The module is not a cdi. It is a small box that intercepts the info to the stock cdi and changes the low end timing, so it is not retarded on a take off.
The ignition module is a dyna cdi, simply put. It replaces the stock cdi box and gives more power and better response in all rpms. It raises rpm, no belt light limp mode, no reverse override, runs cooler.

Both are worth the money, just depends where you need the power.
Yes, yes, yes, this is what I have, a moose ignition dyna CDI. This is b/c the reverse override is nill and void. It is nice not to have to press that button now. And, the initial throttle response is wonderful. I have also notice the motor not running as hot on my legs. I am totally please with the results now.

One more question, will these additions, can I still have slight back-firing through the muffler and air box? It still sometimes does this when running betweening 5-15 mph, but not near as often. Is there something I need to adjust?

Thanks for the great information.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

It sounds to me like you might need to adjust your mixture screws. Thats what i did and it fixed mine I was to rich i was out 2 3/4 turns and went down to 21/4 turns out. But i have also added a LRD Torc pipe and a snorkel kit so thats why I had changed it since I rejetted. Its worth a try if you remove the plastic on the belt side (right) side sitting on the ATV. you can get to the screws with a short tweaker and dont have to remove the carbs. OR you can buy the special tool for adjusting mixture screws.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rowdy5050
It sounds to me like you might need to adjust your mixture screws. Thats what i did and it fixed mine I was to rich i was out 2 3/4 turns and went down to 21/4 turns out. But i have also added a LRD Torc pipe and a snorkel kit so thats why I had changed it since I rejetted. Its worth a try if you remove the plastic on the belt side (right) side sitting on the ATV. you can get to the screws with a short tweaker and dont have to remove the carbs. OR you can buy the special tool for adjusting mixture screws.
Cool, thanks for the info. BTW, what is an LRD Torc pipe and what does it do?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

Vtwin, I know you said you had the jetts installed by the dealer, I would guess they did it correctly. They should be backed out three turns as per the instructions in the kit. Mine also backfires a little during warn-up, but then it runs like a champ.

-------------------------------------
07 Brute Force 650i
2500 pound warn winch
27" Swamp Witches
Moose Ignition, Jet Kit

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 pound warn winch
HMF exaust
Highlifter Lift kit
Moose Jet kit
27" Outlaws

Old 12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

OH I didn't know a dealer installed your jet kit. They should have it set up right. At least you would think they did but some dealer ships do half a** work and just set the screws by the book and that dont work on all ATVs thats just a starting point you are suppose to fine tune it from there by turnig one in until that cylinder starts missing then turn it back out until this miss goes away thats when it is good then do the other one the same. Any way a LRD Torc pipe is a brand of slip on exhaust. It gives you a lot of low and mid range power without loosing your top end.It made a huge difference on my BF 750. Cant keep the front wheels on the ground ;-)

Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

anyone running the dyna on a stock brute or prairie? has anyone had to change to 89 or 93 octane?
thanks

Old 12-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rowdy5050
OH I didn't know a dealer installed your jet kit. They should have it set up right. At least you would think they did but some dealer ships do half a** work and just set the screws by the book and that dont work on all ATVs thats just a starting point you are suppose to fine tune it from there by turnig one in until that cylinder starts missing then turn it back out until this miss goes away thats when it is good then do the other one the same. Any way a LRD Torc pipe is a brand of slip on exhaust. It gives you a lot of low and mid range power without loosing your top end.It made a huge difference on my BF 750. Cant keep the front wheels on the ground ;-)
Does this LRD make it louder, b/c I don't want any louder or it would hinder my deer hunting? And, how much does it cost? Also, I am wondering about my dealer if they have the jets correct b/c it still slightly "pops" through the muffler between 5 and 15mph. I have noticed a few guys that ride in Crosby, Texas on this forum and maybe I could contact them about looking at my jet screws. I would, but it would probably get "screwed" up ....LOL. Anyway, I have totally enjoyed having the ignition and jet kits installed.......very nice low end bump.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

The LRD pipe is a little louder because it is not as restricted as your stock. But it sounds good. It cost anywhere from $275 to $325 but I found a used one on ebay for $175.Well worth it in my opinion. If you are worried about to loud they make a benz silencer exhaust that just slips over the end of any other exhaust and hangs off the back rack. It makes them really quiet and it is made for hunters there is one on ebay now I think for like $140 or $150.