Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rode today with buddies new outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode today with buddies new outlander

Went to St. Joe state park in Farmington, MO today. Two of my buddies have AC400's and my other buddy just bought an outy 800. He talked trash about it the whole way up there. It is a nice quad and all, but man, $$$$!!!! I had my BF750 with swamplites and he has executioners on his outy. Other two have XTR's, we all followed the same trails and went through the same mudholes, the outy got hung up more than anyone. I was going places in 2wd that he got stuck in 4wd. I know it isn't really meant to be a mudding machine but for that kind of money, it better do more than look cool. Then he got water in his belt housing, we weren't in very deep water when it happened so i'm wondering if his housing is even sealed? It didn't have a drain plug on it like the rest do so I had to tow him back to the truck and get the socket set out and remove some of the housing bolts to let it drain. It was my first ride with my swamplites and new rims. They made a night and day difference in how mine performed, I was very happy with them. And oh yeah, his 800 won't beat mine in a drag race like there infomercial claims. I will really smoke him when I get my CDI!!

Old 11-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

I am not a bomb fan either, only because of the price. It ain't worth the extra money to me period. I think it is very stupid to spend that kind of money for a atv. I have owned a 03 grizzly, a 05 king quad 700, a 05 750 brute and a 06 650 brute. As you can see I have pretty much went full circle other than the bombs. Out of all the quads I have owned and been around. My favorite hands down is the 650 brute. I don't know what kawi did to the 650i brutes in 06. But they hit it on the nail with it. It handles great. It is as fast as my 750 brute and all of this with a price tag half that of the bomb 800. Now you tell me who the dumb one here is. Didn't mean to ramble on. But you can tell I am xtreamly pleased with my 650 brute and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alltoos I second that, for that kind of money it should have a job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm far from an experience rider only been riding 7 months but since I've had my 05 650 noboby wants to race well one guy on AC 400 no contest. Did meet a guy on bomb 800 but we just talked he didn't want any nor did I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Stay safe see ya on da trails.