Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

750 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006 | 09:29 AM
|
Range Rover
Default 750 suspension

there's a rumor going that the later 06 750 brutes had the revised suspension like the 07. been seeing good deals on 06 leftovers.is there any way to tell the change by just looking? thanks,loafie

Old 12-03-2006 | 01:00 AM
Range Rover
Default 750 suspension

hey loafie, I have a 05 750 and a 06 650. The easiest way to tell is the angle of the front tie rods are at a flatter angle going out to the wheels on the new and improved susp. There is a night and day diff. in the way the two ride, handle and steer. I think the improvement is so much better between the two. I would go so far as to trade for one of the newer ones right now. Just my 2 cents, since I own them both.

Old 12-07-2006 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default 750 suspension

I have a 05 bf750, so what can I do about the BUMP STEER????? Is there a steering stabilizer that I can get and if so, where????????

Old 12-08-2006 | 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 750 suspension

I have an '05 BF 750 with more than one issue. :-)

- Tie rods buckled on a trip (always fun in the middle of nowhere) Now with the new ones installed, I cannot find anywhere on how much to set the toe. Can anyone help?

- Suspension / Steering. The '05 is a Bi*** to steer after 8 hours of trail riding. As loafie said, there are changes on the new BF camber to help the steering. Is anyone making a conversion kit to match the new geometry....tried google without luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve a stock machines steering?

I love the BF, but I am about to trade it in for a King Quad if I cannot get this steering licked. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2006 | 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default 750 suspension

mo, look at trading into a 650i or '07 750 first...

mont

Old 12-08-2006 | 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 750 suspension

Originally posted by: mongojerry
I have an '05 BF 750 with more than one issue. :-)

- Tie rods buckled on a trip (always fun in the middle of nowhere) Now with the new ones installed, I cannot find anywhere on how much to set the toe. Can anyone help?

- Suspension / Steering. The '05 is a Bi*** to steer after 8 hours of trail riding. As loafie said, there are changes on the new BF camber to help the steering. Is anyone making a conversion kit to match the new geometry....tried google without luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve a stock machines steering?

I love the BF, but I am about to trade it in for a King Quad if I cannot get this steering licked. Thanks in advance.

try this first to lighten the steering. add two 3/8 washers to where this says to:

"After removing the cotter pin and nut,pull the tierod stud out of the bracket.THEN install your washer's OVER the tierod's threaded stud.Then reinstall the threaded stud back into the steering stem bracket.Then you just reinstall the stock washer,the nut and finally the cotter pin."

as for correct tie rod adjustment. try this:

"Changing the tie-rods is a very simple process...

Tools: adjustable wrench, tie down straps, tape measure
Time: 15-20 minutes

1) Loosen up the lock nuts on the tie-rods. Please note that one end of the rod is left handed threads...

2) Turn the tie-rods out and remove, take off the lock nuts. Check your tie-rod ends while you are at this point and replace if needed.

3) Take the new tie-rod spin the lock nuts on and then spin the tie-rod in to both ends at the same time. Helps to start the inner one first maybe one turn then start the outer.

4) Take the tie-downs and tie your bars off so they are square.

5) Eyeball the the toe adjustment so the front tires look to be square with the rear.

6) From the 9 o'clock position on the tire...measure from either the inner rim or tire to a referance point on the frame...you will want to use the same point on both sides. This should set you pretty close to 0 toe. I try to set my toe in about 1/16 to 1/8 inch toe in. That is the front part of the tires are pointed inward. To set the toe-in...measure across from rim to rim at the 9 or 3 o'clock position.

7) Tighten your lock nuts down... "

Old 12-08-2006 | 05:48 PM
Range Rover
Default 750 suspension

I must do things the hard way. There is no way I could adjust my toe in in 15 - 20 min. It takes me a good 2 hrs. to do it my way. Yes I do it diff. than you and I am cert. not saying my way is better than yours. I also like my steering set at 0 toe in. I like it wright on the money.

Old 12-08-2006 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default 750 suspension

i havnt done this. this is just info i found on nyrocs forum!

Old 12-08-2006 | 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 750 suspension

Thanks All! After reading the recommendation on the washers, I looked for people who did this mod and everything I read says it will help alot.

Thanks too for the alignment tips!

Old 12-13-2006 | 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default 750 suspension

Anyone tried it, and is it true? Please give your before & after riding impressions.

Quick Reply: 750 suspension