Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Motor will miss when crossing water & what about snorkles

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motor will miss when crossing water & what about snorkles

I have noticed lately that my motor will miss when I give it gas after crossing water that is about 2 inches over the floor boards. It acts like getting some electroics wet. Any thoughts and if so, what can I do???

Also, I have heard there are some aftermarked snorkle kits out there. What type do you recomend? I don't ride in water over the seat, but just thought I should be safe. I know I could probably make some, but with my work right now, I would rather buy a kit and slap it on.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished my BF 750. It was doing the same thing. I went through with a can of contact cleaner and a tube of dielectrical grease ( a anti corrosive and water resistant grease) and cleaned and greased every plug on the ATV even the spark plug boots and especially the coil packs. I then made my own snorkel kit out of ABS pipe and I am proud to say that I went riding this last weekend and had water up to my seat and it never missed a lick. If you dont want to make your own I would get a Bayou snorkel I have read alot of good things about them. But be ready to spend some money to make your own cost between $50 to $60 and a Bayou snorkel kit is around $200.00

Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

rowdy said it all!!!!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

If you are not going to submarine the quad up to the seat, you may just have to come up with some kind of "additional" inner fender/splash guard kit which should be enough for your crossing shallow waters instead of those snorkel pipes sticking up on your quad.
Look under the front fender behind the front wheels and see where the tires would kick up water. That's where you want to place the splash guard.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Actually you can just protect the intake better with some rubber and go up to the seat. I had mine in extremely deep water time after time in canada after doing this and all I had inside was a little bit of condensation. I use to basically flood my air box.