Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help with jetting my KFX

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with jetting my KFX

I just bought a 2006 KFX and ordered a Muzzy exaust off ebay.Do I need to install different jets what ones do I use?I am also getting a Dalton clutch kit and cover any help installing that or insight on doing it.Is there any mods I can get for the Airbox and how do I go about doing that.Is there a place to get after market shocks that are gas or better than the stock ones?Any help with this would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

I'd guess you'd need to go up one jet size front and rear with the Muzzy and stock airbox. You need Keihin jets for CV carbs. You'd probably be better off learning how to change your jets before you start modding the airbox.

Info on how to change jets and install a clutch kit. http://www.700v.com

You can get Elka or Stadium shocks just about anywhere.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,Thanks for your response.I would like to do something to the air box or get an after market one.Do you know of a good one?I have a muzzy exaust coming and a Dalton clutch kit with the cover.Do you have to change the jetting often?I figured once I had it right it would be good to go for awhile.I am not going to put an exaust on it without doing something to the air.Do you have any sugestions?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer

Once you've got the jetting right then you don't have to worry about it unless you make more changes, but you'll usually have to change them quite a few times before you have it dialed in perfectly. From what I've read a lot of the V-Force guys are drilling three 1" holes on each side of the airbox lid and jetting way up to the 180 range.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Range Rover

Pure Praire has the right idea. the V-twin will except a lot of fuel with the right air mixture. What is the altitude you ride at ? Your still heading the right direction with duel exhaust, the v-twin is dying to breath. There is a tone you can do, it all depends what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend ? What's your goal ? Blow the doors off any utility quad ? or smoke anyone on a modified 450 sport quad ?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,I just got all my parts in yesterday.I am going to install a Dial a jet but still need to change my jets.I have the TPI valves for the air box and a unifilter.The pipe is a two into one Muzzy .I have a Dalton clutch kit and cover to install with a four stroke tec cdi box.After this I am hoping to hang with most whatever is out here.I live in Upstate NY.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Muzzy,,,,,,,sweet sound,,,,,,,,good luck .......on jetting it up.

Trending Topics

Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 1128633636
Pure Praire has the right idea. the V-twin will except a lot of fuel with the right air mixture. What is the altitude you ride at ? Your still heading the right direction with duel exhaust, the v-twin is dying to breath. There is a tone you can do, it all depends what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend ? What's your goal ? Blow the doors off any utility quad ? or smoke anyone on a modified 450 sport quad ?
The muzzy is a 2 into 1 pipe, Duals do help the V breath a hell of a lot more yes, but LTE duals for example are to much for a stock bore engine. the 12-1inch hole mod is one of the BEST mods to do, it's unbelivable what the difference is. A few other mods you should definately look into are the 6inch degree key, this will really wake up the V and only costs around 20 bucks. Aftermarket suspension, A good set of elkas may be expensive but they are worth every penny, once you ride with them youll never look back to the stockers. You will also want to either install a sleeve or new stronger tie-rods. The stockers are known for bending very easily, some people get lucky and never have any trouble but the most have some pretty close calls due to a weak rod. with the muzzy and 12 1 inch holes in the air box you will be in the 180 for jetting, and if your still lean once your in the mid 180s you can always close up 1 or two holes and try the low 180s again. Hope this helps good luck.

P.S I haven't personnaly had experiancewith dial-a-jet but i've heard nothing but disapointment from people who put them on their V.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,Now you tell me I have not installed it yet.I know I have thier TPI valves for my air box and I am putting two of them in in place of the 12 holes figure I can always close them.I am going down and put the pipe on now with the air box mods then try the dial a jet if it doesnt work I will let you know.Thanks for your help I will keep you posted.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

I'll bet he's talking about Dynojet kits instead of the dial-a-jet kit. Most people with the V-twins haven't had much luck with they Dynojet kits.

Quick Reply: Help with jetting my KFX