Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV

I've had one since early 04 and have had no problems at all from it. I know several other people with them and none of them have had any problems either. Go ahead and get one you'll really enjoy it.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a dynatek cdi on my brute 750. i love it. the bike runs alot better and i dont mean just performance although it wheelies like crazy and outruns just about everything, it idles smoother, runs cooler, starts just as good if not easier, disables reverse override(great for plowing), also disables belt light/limp mode. i would recommend it. why did i by it? i was doing the buss connector fix on my 05 and the cdi got fried. it would run but i had no 4wd. so, instead of paying like $400 for a stock replacement i tried a dynatek cdi for $190. it works perfect. my brother has one on his prairie 650 as well. VDI makes their gen II copperhead, which is $400. it does the same thing but is programmable. unless you like to mess with things or you are going to make internal engine upgrades then i dont think it is worth the money.

yes, hayashi does know ALOT, and he has helped me out quite a few times. as he said it is your atv and you decide. i havnt seen any ill effects personally or have i read of any though.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

I have the Dyna and its worked well for me, the power increases come solely from the timing advance.

You don't get an RPM raise from a CDI until your belt is at the very top of the pulleys and you've run out of gear. The spring and weight combination that you have determines the RPM's the motor pulls while its shifting, not the CDI.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

slynchee, buying the Dyna is a no brainer for your atv. Use premium fuel, and don't worry about any of the harmful effects hayashi was talking about. No offense intended, but all of his ignition info is bolony.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Everyone for their input. It seems everyone says the Dyna is well worth the investment with NO risks. My only question left is, I went on the Dyna website and they said that sometimes you have to rejet the quad. Is this common, and how hard is it to do. I really did not want to rejet my quad. I was just looking for a little kick in the a$$ for my quad, without changing anything. Thats why I thought the dyna was the way to go.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

My 750 ran fine with the Dynatek (elevation 400 - 1200 feet). I didn't change anything but I think it may have been a tad lean as it was still running good at the higher altitudes of the Paiute Trail in Utah. It had a low speed gurgle / pop when the throttle was only slightly depressed and the engine was in the lower RPM range (this may be the "mis-firing" that some people talk about) but when I pegged the throttle at that point, response was immediate and strong so I never tried to correct the situation. If I would have added larger jets it might have resulted in an additional performance boost...

Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No rejet on your quad slynchee. Just plug it in and go!!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if I throw one on my 04 700 will I need to switch to premium unleaded fuel to keep from pinging apart?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No. You dont need to use premium fuel

Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to rejet you can but at best you'll only get another 1/2 to 1hp out of it. As far as fuel you can run cheap pump gas if you want. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I always try to run premium. I don't remember if it's in the manual or under the seat but I could swear I saw where they recommended 90 octain or better. Don't get me wrong mines had more than a few gallons of the cheap stuff but if I have a choice I try to run premium.

Quick Reply: Does a Dynateck hurt the ATV