Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Considering purchasing a new 2007 Brute Force

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering purchasing a new 2007 Brute Force

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here for quite some time, because I've been pretty busy in the DieselPlace.com forum and with some other stuff.

This upcoming summer, I should have enough money to purchase a new ATV, and from being a recent Prairie 650 owner, I'm pretty partial to Kawasaki's.

I'm interested in the Brute Force and I like to have lots of power, in low, mid and top end, plus it needs to be stable.

Can someone please tell me their honest opinion on the Brute Force? Handling, Power, reliability, etc, etc. My old Prairie was good to me, but how does this compare to it? I do like the strait axles because they feel more stable to me, I know that the Brute Force is IRS, but how does it compare? Can you slide it around corners like the Priarie, does it lift the front end up as soon as you hit the thumb throttle?

Thank you for your honest answers.

Pete..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

I currentlty ride a p360 and am thinking of moving on up and, being impressed with kawi, the Brute is receiving a hard look from me. That being said the state of the industry is such that I don't think you can go to wrong with any of the big Quads.

Anyway here are a couple of articles from ATV Scene. Very positive --- how biased I do not know.

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/kaw...rce650-07.html

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/kaw...ce650i-06.html

Also you might want to check into Nyrocks site -- they seem to have an active user group for all the quads but trhe big Kawis are emphasized ....

http://atv.dnsalias.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=5

good luck.....

Old 01-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

IronBear,
The brute force 750 is no doubt a nice machine. My buddy owns one which gets stored at my house, so I have a lot of seat time on one. If you really want a stable machine, this is not it. It can be made to be stable if you want to upgrade the shocks and tires, but in stock form, you will not be doing any powerslides without feeling like you are going to tip over. I like the brute alot, and would buy one, but if you want the sporty feeling of a prairie, you will not get that from the brute. Just a thought, but if you are waiting until summer, you may want to see what Kawi has up there sleeve for 2008.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Thank you for your replies. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I do like the solid axle so I may stick with that. However, I've never rode a Brute Force so who knows, I may actually like it.

Pete

Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id say if you like to powerslide and do allot of fast riding, stick with the sra bf. But if you like ground clearence and a smoother ride, get the bf 650 i ( 500 cheaper then 750, almost same power output, more money to spend on tires).

Old 01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I have a 650 sra and a 750 irs. I am always on the 750. It has so much more power than the 650. Aftermarket wheels make a huge difference in handling from what I'm told. That said, mine is still in stock form. New wheels and tires coming by summer. I have heard that if you ride in tight wooded type areas you will like the sra better. Though, I have never thought that when I am in the tight stuff with the 750. The 750 is a little heavy on the steering, but a lot of people have done simple mods to correct that problem. Once again, I'm still stock and cannot give any personal experiences with this. All in all, I would recommend the Brute Force 750 to anyone. This thing has tons of power.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

I have an '05 BF 750 and overall I like it. It doesn't have the best suspension as people have been saying but it's not horrible either. I ride a mixture of trails, logging roads, woods and rough paths. I have 26" ITP Mudlites on ITP C series wheels and they definitely improve the stability of the BF, but they also rob it of some power and manueverability through tight spots. I use the stock tires and rims for trail and woods type riding and if I know I'll be mudding it I'll use the Mudlites. The power is awesome and I enjoy riding it. It does take a while to warm up in colder temps and EFI would be an awesome improvement to the BF. I've heard and read that they have made some steering improvements and a few other minor mods between the '05 and '07 models. So I'm sure the steering on an '07 would be even lighter than on mine.
Overall, I would probably buy another one if I was in the market for a bigbore utility. Much cheaper than the competitions big machines and with the money you save over the competition you can upgrade with tires, shocks, modules, etc.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

Just to let ya know, the 07' Brute has a ton better handling than the 05' & 06'. Night and day difference. Also, rumor has it that Kawie is coming out with an 800 with higher compression for 08'. Just something to ponder on!! The other thing is, you can corner these machines pretty well. I have no prolems sliding around corners at all. All i do is trial ride, and I mean tight wooded trails. It can be a little tippy at first, but if you know how to ride and you learn your machine before just jumping on it and hammering down the trails, than you will have no problems.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Thank you kwill,

If I do purchase a Brute Force, it will be a new one. I can get an excellent deal on one through Troy City Garage for $6,299.

If someone knows where I could purchase one for cheaper, please let me know.

Thank you,

Pete..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

IronBear,

I have an '05 BF650. The BF 650 SRA is just an upgraded/facelifted P650. You were probably aware of that. It's a great machine. If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy the BF 650i - just to have the additional ground clearance in the rear, and a little smoother ride over the rocks. I ride in the northeast (PA).

I also have three friends with the BF750, and one just got the 650i. Word is that the 650i has better steering geometry than the 750, and a little lower center of gravity which also helps in the handling department. I have ridden the 750, but not the 650i yet - so I personally can't compare them.

One thing I am sure of is most people on this forum say it's better to get the 650i with better handling over the 750. If you want to bump up the power, get a cdi. No matter what you buy - there will always be a faster quad. Most of us do more trail riding than drag racing. Riders can more than compensate for lack of power in most conditions, as well.

Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Considering purchasing a new 2007 Brute Force